Scranton Players Present “Hannah & Martin”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Attention Royals: The semester is almost over and we bet you’re tired of doing the same thing every weekend. Why not try supporting your fellow peers while enjoying a show? 

The University of Scranton Players, an academic theatre program celebrating its 25th Anniversary in the McDade Center this season, will present “Hannah & Martin” at the Royal Theatre in the Joseph M. McDade Center for Literary and Performing Arts. “Hannah and Martin” is a play by Kate Fodor that opened at the Manhattan Ensemble Theatre in 2004. It’s directed by Jennifer Rhoads and stars Conor Hurley (senior) and Ali Basalyga (junior) as the main characters, Martin Heidegger and Hannah Arendt, who are two of the greatest philosophers of the Twentieth century!

The play has received the Kennedy Center’s Rodger L. Stevens Award and was a finalist for the Susan Smith Blackburn Prize. The Scranton Players have spent long hours putting the show together and adding their amazing talent to an award-winning production. They deserve all of our support.

The students will present the play on:

Friday November 10 and Saturday November 11 at 8 p.m.

Sunday November 12 at 2 p.m.!

Tickets may be purchased or reserved by calling the box office inside the McDade Center, 570-941-4318, or online at The Scranton Players’ website

Students, faculty, staff and senior citizens pay $7 for tickets, adults pay $10. Did we mention first-year students receive free admission? 

Rehearsing left to right: Nicolas Gangone, Julia Consiglio, Mitchell Demytrk and Ali Basalyga.

For more information, contact players@scranton.edu or find them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!

Dania El-Ghazal

Scranton '18

My whole biography realistically can't fit here so