This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Like most people nowadays, I spend a lot of time scrolling through tik tok. After a while my entire for you page became about books, which got me back into reading. Here are my ratings of popular Booktok books I read in 2022.

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo- Taylor Jenkins Reid

My. Fav. Book. Ever. If you have ever been on Booktok, you have heard of Taylor Jenkins Reid, and most likely this book, too. I loved everything about this book. Reading about old Hollywood glam was a nice switch up from my normal reads and I was surprised by how much I liked it. It was entertaining throughout with a great twist at the end. Easily a five-star book on my Goodreads.

Every Summer After– Carley Fortune

This book was good, but I expected more. It was a cute dual-timeline romance book, but I don’t think it was as good as people made it seem. I still rated it four stars because it was a quick read with a cute concept behind it.

Where the Crawdads Sing- Delia Owens

This one did not live up to the height for me. It was very slow up until the very end and it could have been a lot shorter. This is one of the few instances that I enjoyed the movie much more. I gave it three stars.

It Ends with Us- Colleen Hoover

In regard to Booktok books, this is as basic as it gets. It is not my favorite book by her, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it. It focuses on the topic of domestic abuse, which many romance novels that I have read previously do not. I could have lived without the cringe-worthy notes to Ellen, but I still gave this one five stars.

The Silent Patient- Alex Michaelides

This book did not even come close to living up to the hype. As a fan of thriller novels, I have high expectations for plot twists, and this did not live up to them. I was excited to read it after seeing it all over tiktok but was disappointed once I finished it. The twist is not good and not at all believable to me. Three stars.

A junior political science major with a legal studies concentration. I hope you enjoy my articles :)