This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

I was a little unsure what to write my article about this week. I was debating if I should talk about DIY Halloween costumes.  

However, I lack creativity in the DIY aspect of life. My idea of a DIY costume is writing the letter “M” on an inside out tee-shirt and calling myself an M&M. Or even worse, wearing all white and telling people I am marshmallow (yes, I did that once in middle school).  

I guess I could write about my feelings toward Halloween.  

I wouldn’t say I hate Halloween, maybe strongly dislike it. 

Growing up, I was never really one of those cool kids who got invited to Halloween parties. I stayed home handing out candy to trick-or-treaters with my parents in my teen years.  

I hate scary things- blood, ghosts, witches, you name it.  

I hate clowns. I refuse to watch It.  

I hate houses who hand out toothbrushes as candy.  

I hate vampires. No, just no.  

I hate haunted houses. I cried like a baby in the Disney haunted house, even my younger sister told me I was embarrassing her.  

I like candy, specifically peanut butter cups, really anything with peanut butter.  

I like creative costumes.  

I like carving pumpkins and baking pumpkin seeds. It was a night before Halloween tradition in my house as a child growing up. 

I like Halloween-themed veggie straws. I really have to head up to Wegmans this weekend to invest in a box.

Mackenzie Mickavicz is a senior at The University of Scranton who majors in strategic communications with a public relations track and concentrations in women's and gender studies. This is her second year as CC of Her Campus Scranton. She loves coffee, candy and cupcakes.
Carly Long

Scranton '22

Carly is a senior studying Strategic Communications with a concentration in Legal Studies at The University of Scranton. This is her third year as CC at HC Scranton, which she hopes to continue to elevate. In her free time Carly can be found writing, working out, or buying new products to feed her skincare addiction.