Pick The Best & Come Grow With Us

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Make way for the queens. These two beautiful, intelligent, hardworking, caring girls are here to make a difference in your life!

Elections are this WEEK! You know, that time where you can vote and have your voice heard and elect two individuals who could benefit your college experience in so many ways.

Faith Yusko, candidate for Student Government President, is a junior majoring in International Studies and minoring in Communication. Faith is an all around student here at Scranton, she is Student Government Senate, Chair of Athletics and Programming, Vice President of the College Republicans club, member of the Debate Society, she works in the Office of Multicultural Affairs, and started “Alms Wide Open.” Busy would be an understatement.

Dominique Liuzzo, candidate for Student Government Vice President, is a junior majoring in History and Political Science with a double minor in art history and a concentration in Italian language and studies. But wait there’s more, she is a 2016 senator working on the Academic Affairs Committee, authored and researched the bill on creating an international study abroad student seat, she works in the International Affairs Office and Study Abroad, is a member of the Royal Historical Society, studied abroad in Rome, Italy where she also volunteered, and was on the Student Activities Committee.

Are these not the hardest working, most involved girls? I agree.

Faith and Dom have absolutely put their heart and soul into their campaign. All of their campaign materials are locally purchased and handmade. This just goes to show that a lot of whom they are is not just words but actions. “To say you are going to make tissue flowers, and actually make 600+ is different.” Faith and Dom are not the ones to make empty promises; they want to integrate the student body with Student Government. They want the student body as a whole to feel welcomed and comfortable to attend all Student Government meetings. Faith and Dom also strive to be as approachable as possible, and plan to have an open door policy that is an absolute promise (no knocking or appointments needed). Their goal is to make campus more of a whole. They have both experienced the ups and downs of college lifestyle from, commuting, to studying abroad, to living on campus, and being a resident assistant. They are overly understanding of what it is like to have different outlooks. They are both so excited about campaign week, to be out shaking students hands and introducing themselves; but they also feel that you must do this all year and work with everyone to make sure they are happy. Faith and Dom are professional all while still being relatable. Their campaign has funny things involved to appeal to the student first, to be able to humor them and then speak about the issues.  

Remember Faith and Dom when you are voting April 15th!

Follow them on Facebook & Twitter @faithpres_domvp

Samantha is an East Coast girl from Pennsylvania with a New York City attitude and a Florida mindset. Her shopping habits are contagious; she has inherited them from her mom (they say mother knows best, right?). Samantha is a University of Scranton senior majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Business. She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend, Elise. She is also the captain for Scranton Love Your Melon and secretary of the University of Scranton's Business Club. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @samanthaamilazzo @samanthaliza_