This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

There’s a common saying that I’m sure you’ve heard—or even felt—at some point in your life: Right person, wrong time.

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but this is just not true at all—or at least I firmly believe it isn’t. 

Maybe it’s hard to accept the fact that the relationship would’ve worked out only IFyou both were in a better place in your lives. Maybe it’s hard to accept that the relationship wasn’t eversupposed to work out. I get that this is an easier concept to say, than it is to understand. But at the end of the day, the people who are meant to be in your life, will be in your life when they’re supposed to be. 

Take it from someone who’s wanted to blame things on time before- the things that occur in your life are meant to happen when they happen.

If that person was truly the “right person,” then everything would have aligned. It would’ve just worked out. 

The “right person” is someone much more than fantasized traits and features. The “right person” is someone more much than a person you want to be with so bad, that you’ve felt it in every part of your bones. 

Now, I’m not saying that just because someone isn’t the “right person” at a specific time, doesn’t meant they’ll never be. But the right person ISthe one who will be there at the end of day. Whether it’s tomorrow or a few years from now, the right person will come into your life and stay there. No matter where you are in each of your individual lives—the right person is going to be the one that is there through it all. 

It is the right person who is going to grow through everything with you. The right person will not care about the timing in which you entered one another’s lives.Everything will just somehow align.

Trust the timing of your life. 

Just an occupational therapy major that loves to nap. Can't live without puppies, coffee, mac n' cheese, traveling, or shopping. Follow her on Instagram @danielle_921 to see her life in little squares!