Paint The Night Away, Spirited Art

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Looking for a way to de-stress during the final weeks of school? Or something else to do besides take a walk to Nay Aug or grab some Starbs? Well, HC Scranton has the answer for you, Spirited Art Scranton in Dickson City! It’s so close to campus and a great night out!

Channel your inner Picasso and head on over to Spirited Art Scranton in Dickson City. Here you’ll be able to be able to express yourself in a fun, stress free environment; it’s the perfect getaway from campus. If you visit their website you’ll see a calendar, which has all of your painting options! Classes are offered almost everyday making it convienent for everyone.

On Monday night some of HC Scranton team created their own monogram paintings. Give girls a little glitter and they’re ready to take on the world! Our instructor was wonderful, so eager to help and a fun time was had by all.

When you first walk in you’ll see rows of tables, your canvas will be set up on an easel, you’ll have two paint brushes, a plate of paint and a cup of water. Depending on the painting you’ll be able to mix your own colors to your liking. Snacks and beverages are up to you, so bring whatever your group enjoys the most!

If you’re thinking “I am so not artistic” do not worry! The instructors are willing to help and you’ll have the option to trace the picture prior to painting it. You don’t need to be an artist to have a great time at Spirited Art Scranton.

For more information visit the Spirited Art Scranton website. Happy painting!

Elise is a Jersey girl who loves to travel the world, she enjoys keeping up with the latest fashion trends and believes an Instagram a day keeps the doctor away. She is a senior at the University of Scranton majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Writing. Elise is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend Samantha (every brunette needs a blonde right?) This past summer she interned in Public Relations at The Thomas Collective, a boutique lifestyle agency in New York City. When her toes are not in the sand, she’s hailing a cab or packing her bags ready to jet set anywhere and everywhere. Fun Fact: Elise is a member of Scranton’s Equestrian team. Follow her on Instagram @liseyleelee and on Twitter @eliseteresa!
Samantha is an East Coast girl from Pennsylvania with a New York City attitude and a Florida mindset. Her shopping habits are contagious; she has inherited them from her mom (they say mother knows best, right?). Samantha is a University of Scranton senior majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Business. She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend, Elise. She is also the captain for Scranton Love Your Melon and secretary of the University of Scranton's Business Club. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @samanthaamilazzo @samanthaliza_