The Academy Awards is the most exciting night of the year for those in the film industry. Millions of people tune in to see the glitz and glam on the red carpet and their favorite actors on the big stage. Jimmy Kimmel hosting means laughs are sure to follow. Hopefully we all are now aware of the conundrum that was the Best Picture category of the 2017 Academy Awards, but a lot of great stuff happened before that, so let’s take a look at what may have ran through your mind while watching this year’s Oscars.
1. Chrissy Teigen and John Legend are like puppies on the red carpet.
2. People are giving Meryl Streep a standing ovation, then I am giving Meryl Streep a standing ovation (in my aunt’s living room).
3. Nicole Kidman is the only person on Earth who can rock the fairest skin tone and hair color paired with the lightest nude dress I have ever seen.
4. JT is looking fine as ever.
5. Surprised Jamie Dornan is on my screen, but not at all mad about it. Also Dakota Johnson is an Oscar.
6. Matt Damon trying to trip Jimmy Kimmel in the aisle made me snort.
7. When the hell is the La La Land musical tribute?
8. (2 minutes later as John Legend pops up on screen) Oh, thank God.
9. Jennifer Anniston made me cry and I didn’t even know she would be at the show.
10. Mary Tyler Moore will always be an icon for women in the entertainment industry (and for women everywhere).
11. My Carrie Fisher/Debbie Reynolds wounds definitely have yet to heal.
12. Justin Timberlake is the official hypeman of the evening’s festivities.
13. I feel you, Casey Affleck. I. Feel. You.
16. La La Land won Best Picture! WOW! My heart SOARS –
18. Are we kidding? Now we send out the wrong envelopes? SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! (Ironically, that Game of Thrones reference was totally shameless)
19. I’ve calmed down now. Congratulations, Moonlight!
20. I wonder if Steve Harvey finally has closure?
21. Fast-forward to the 2018 Academy Awards – Jennifer Lawrence wins for Best Actor and Stephen Spielberg wins for Best Sound Editing. See y’all there!
This is a screenshot off my own phone…La La Land soudtrack plays softly in the background as I shed a tear.