Style > Beauty

The Only Product You Need for All Your Beauty Necessities 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

I love an extravagant beauty haul at the nearest Ulta, but beauty products come with a price (and an expensive one at that.) Luckily there is one product that you can use for just about all your beauty treatments and it is….

Coconut Oil!!!  

Here’s 10 innovative ways coconut oil can change your beauty life as you know it. 

1. Soothing Shaving Cream

Coconut oil has natural antibacterial properties, so a smooth shave is not the only thing in store. Razor bumps, ingrown hairs, and other forms of skin irritation can be prevented by using coconut oil in place of your average shaving cream.

2. Whitening Teeth

Whiten your teeth and improve the health of your gums with this Ayurvedic practice. Swish a tablespoon of coconut oil in your mouth for a couple minutes and spit! This simple remedy kills bacteria, fights tooth decay, stops bad breath, and naturally whitens teeth.

3. Hair Mask

If your hair is feeling dry, damaged, or in need of a wake up, massage 1 to 2 tablespoons of coconut oil throughout your hair before your next shower. Naturally moisturizing properties in the coconut oil will leave you hair shiny, healthy, and full of body. 

4. Skin Moisturizer

Forget lotions that irritate your skin with unnatural ingredients and fake fragrances. Substitute coconut oil for a non-greasy, easily absorbent, and fresh smelling moisturizer. 

5. Sunscreen 

Just in case you didn’t know there could be a sunscreen and sun remedy in one, now you do. Organic coconut oils have a natural SPF of 4. This is not the only thing you should use to protect your skin from UV rays, but at least it can come in handy with sunburns as well. Simply massage the oil to the affected areas to help pain and soothe your burn. 

6. Makeup Remover

Many makeup removers are harsh and require a lot of rubbing on the skin. Instead, use coconut oil to remove makeup quickly. Not only will this prevent skin irritation, but it can moisturize your face at the same time!

7. Lip Balm

Commercial lip balms are loaded with potentially toxic ingredients that should not be anywhere near our mouths. Luckily coconut oil can be used in place to nourish lips and even provide sun protection. 

8. Natural Deodorant 

Coconut oil is known for its antibacterial properties that can be used stop unwanted body odor. Mix coconut oil with your choice of essential oils for a unique and natural alternative to deodorant. 

9. Nail Growth

Whether you suffer from anxious nail biting or crave the look of long nails, coconut oil can be your fix. Simply push your cuticles back and apply the oil to your finger beds. Healthy, long nails will be growing in no time!

10. Makeup Brush Cleaner

Makeup brushes are notorious for storing unwanted bacteria. Rub coconut oil through the brush bristles, leave for 1-2 hours to disinfect, and rinse the oil out. Now your brushes will be clean and left with a beachy scent.

Stop spending money on multiple beauty products and invest in coconut oil!  

Hi, I'm Julia Khalil, I'm a Biology major at the University of Scranton. I was born and raised in the Electric City. Some of my likes include yoga, green tea, and anything related to the beach. I am excited to continue my stay at the University surrounded by the lovely ladies of HC Scranton.?
Dania El-Ghazal

Scranton '18

My whole biography realistically can't fit here so