This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

This girl knows how to treat heart failure and ace a serve right past her opponents. She’s dedicated, competitive and hard working both in the hospital and on the court.  

Name: Emily WalshMajor: NursingYear: SeniorHometown: Scranton, PA

HC: How has being a nursing major shaped your experience at Scranton?EW: Being a nursing student has taught me to appreciate everything I have. At clinical, I see patients that are very sick and in sad situations. I have learned not to take simple things for granted and to live in the moment, because tomorrow is not guaranteed.

HC:  You also have a job as a nursing aide at Geisinger CMC. What are some of your daily tasks?EW: Well besides saving lives, I take vital signs and blood sugar readings, transport patients, help with daily care, and basically, do what the nurse asks me to do. This summer, I got to be an arm model on the news while a nurse demonstrated how to start an IV!

HC: What’s your favorite thing about being a Division lll athlete?EW: Definitely the free swag. But honestly, victory is so much better when you get to share it with your team. We have so much fun together, I wouldn’t trade it for anything!

HC: Tell us how you manage your time between nursing, tennis and having a social life?EW: Lots of energy and little sleep. Between clinical and matches my life can get a little crazy, but I just work day-to-day and do what I can. Sometimes I just want to lay in bed or skip practice, but I remind myself the reason why I play and how much fun we have, and that motivates me to keep working. During the season, it gets hard to keep up with friends that aren’t on the team, but I make a point to hang out or run to Mannings with them when I have time.

HC:  What is one very important piece of advice you can give to the first-year students?EW: Buy a good umbrella.

HC: As your time at The University of Scranton comes to an end what are you going to miss the most?EW: I’m going to miss being minutes away from my friends most and the unlimited M&M cookies on third floor as a close second.

Courtney Barron is from Rockland County, New York. She is a junior at The University of Scranton majoring in Strategic Communications with a concentration in Public Relations. This girl is not only a super star in the classroom, but she is also one of the stellar athletes on the tennis team as well. She studied abroad in Ireland and currently works at "the Byron" center on campus. Courtney has an outstanding personality and the best pep talks on campus. She will bring extra enthusiam to the articles she writes for Her Campus!  
Samantha is an East Coast girl from Pennsylvania with a New York City attitude and a Florida mindset. Her shopping habits are contagious; she has inherited them from her mom (they say mother knows best, right?). Samantha is a University of Scranton senior majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Business. She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend, Elise. She is also the captain for Scranton Love Your Melon and secretary of the University of Scranton's Business Club. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @samanthaamilazzo @samanthaliza_