This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

As Christmas day comes closer and closer, here are some of my favorite Christmas movies that never fail to make me smile and feel extra festive! I am a big comedy person, so all of these movies are funny lighthearted movies!

Elf

Elf is one of my all-time favorite Christmas movies. Starring Will Ferrel, it is about a man who was raised by elves in the North Pole and believed he was an elf his whole life. Until one day he finds out that he is a human, and travels to New York City to meet his father. Facing immense culture shock, meeting his family, and finding true love, we watch as Buddy the Elf navigates NYC at Christmastime.

Christmas With The Kranks

Christmas with the Kranks is another Christmas comedy about a husband and wife who will have to spend their first Christmas without their daughter since she is in the Peace Corps. Instead of being sad, they decide to boycott Christmas entirely and go on a tropical cruise. Even after being ridiculed by their friends and neighbors, they were determined to go on with their plan. That was until they found out on Christmas Eve that their daughter was coming home. With only a few hours they have to make it seem like they have been celebrating all season and plan an entire party.

Daddy’s Home 2

This is a newer movie, but still, one that has me laughing so hard I cry. Another Will Ferrel movie, this is about a blended family that goes away for Christmas. With two families, two stepdads, and two grandfathers, it seems like a recipe for chaos. The movie shows the family trying to pull off the holiday, despite everything going wrong.

Among several other movies, these are just a few of my favorites. They always put me in a good mood and make me excited for Christmas!

Hannah Sheehan

Scranton '26

Hi I'm Hannah! I am a sophomore health administration major with a business minor and a women and gender studies concentration at the University of Scranton. I am involved in the health administration society, HerCampus, orientation staff, an admissions co-director, and the visitor's center. I love dancing, listening to music, and spending time with friends!! :)