My Top Ten 2000s Songs That Should Be on Your Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

The 2000s was a decade full of some of the most amazing, catchy, and popular music. During this time so many music artists were emerging with some of the greatest hits. There are so many songs from the 2000s that are still played today. To me, this decade seems like it was yesterday, but the songs are now categorized as “throwbacks”. Growing up in the 2000s, one of my favorite things to do was to listen and sing to music on the radio whenever I was in the car. Listening to these songs now brings me back to those days and always makes me smile and feel good. I have compiled my top ten songs that I believe define the 2000s music industry and are on a lot of my playlist today.

1. “Say My Name” by Destiny’s Child

2. “Umbrella” by Rihanna (feat. JAY Z)

3. “Since U Been Gone” by Kelly Clarkson

4. “Poker Face” by Lady Gaga

5. “Before He Cheats” by Carrie Underwood

6. “Bad Day” by Daniel Powter

7. “My Boo” by Usher and Alicia Keys

8. “London Bridge” by Fergie

9. “Irreplaceable” by Beyonce

10. “Be with You” by Enrique Iglesia

Katie Lopes

Scranton '24

I'm from New Jersey. I love animals and I have 2 dogs and 2 cats. I have cheered for 15 years. I'm majoring in biology on a preveterinary track.