This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

I have been obsessed with Ariana Grande ever since she released one of her newer albums, Sweetener, this summer. I am not going to lie, I was not a fan of her after the donut-licking situation in 2015, but I genuinely love her energy. I am going to give my top 6 favorite songs from her two albums!

1. “7 Rings” thank u, next

Every time  listen to this song I feel like the baddest, most boujee bitch on campus. It literally makes me feel like I can walk into any room and turn it into my own catwalk. The music video is so over-the-top, but I love the aesthetic of it. Can my neck be flossy too, Ari?

2. “Breathin” Sweetener

Breathin” is the song I listen to when I am having a bad day. It reminds me to just keep moving on and not to put my head down. I really do feel a fresh of breath of air and a weight lifted off my shoulders when listening to it. 

3. “God is a Woman” Sweetener

YAAAASSSS GIRL, YOU DID THAT GIRLLLLLL!!!! My queen imagined herself and women as God, and as a beautiful thing to worship. The message behind this song is insanely beautiful. It is that anthem to empower woman at any stage of their lives. Don’t forget boys, a female brought you into this world, be grateful!

4. “Bad Idea” thank u, next

This song may be a surprising as one of my favorites to people, but I love it. I love the beat and instrumental in the background, I love the way she sounds, I love how fearless she is…I just love everything about it, okur? 

5. “No Tears Left to Cry” Sweetener

“No Tears Left to Cry” was my summer anthem! I sang it 24/7 and loved listening to it. This song really made appreciate Ariana in a way I never did before. It made me realize that I loved her music, style, and artistic capabilities. 

6. “Thank U, Next” & “Break Up with your Girlfriend, I’m Bored” thank u, next

I simply could not pick between these two songs. The music video for “Thank U, Next”, was simply iconic. She spun four of the most classic rom-com movies of the last two decades into a masterpiece as well as adding a sprinkle of Kris Jenner. I also really like the vibes of “Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I’m Bored”. It is very chic. It is so catchy and it is another great hit to sing along to. 

There you go people! I had a hard time picking my top songs, but had a great time doing it. I advise everyone to go jam out with your besties to Ariana now!

Alessia Brunori

Scranton '21

Life isn't all diamonds and rosé, but it should be... Just a Scranton girl, trying to make it big someday;)
Gabriella Basile was CC and President of Her Campus Scranton during the 2018-2019 academic school year.