This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Most people know Vance Joy because of his song, “Riptide”, but a lot of the time, that’s where it ends. My one friend showed me one of his other popular songs, “Mess is Mine”, and I have never stopped listening to him since. I found his other albums in Spotify and played them on repeat in my car, blasting them driving anywhere and everywhere! I instantly fell in love with all his songs and the lyrics totally spoke to me.

I followed him on Instagram and was so excited to follow along with his life and any shows he was putting on. Once I found out he was going on tour for his newest album, I looked immediately for cheap tickets anywhere I could, and I got them! I cannot wait. His music is indie/alternative, and while this is not always my first choice in music, my mentality towards that conclusion has quickly changed! Although it is really challenging, I have narrowed down my top 5 favorite songs from his album In Our Own Sweet Time. I highly recommend Vance Joy to everyone, and even if you don’t like that kind of music, I recommend giving it a try!!

1. Catalonia

2. Clarity

3. Missing Piece

4. Don’t Fade

5. Wavelength

Aimee Mockler

Scranton '24

Hi! I am one of the Campus Correspondents of HerCampus at the University of Scranton. I am a third-year occupational therapy major with a minor in psychology. I love to bake and also participate in theater on campus!