Style > Beauty

My Top 5 Affordable Holy Grail Skin Care Products

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

It’s ya girl back at it again simplifying skincare. Everyone who knows me knows I’m kind of obsessed with skincare. I’m my friends go to on all things skin care, because in college good skin care isn’t always accessible! These are my five top recommendations and holy grail products that work for all skin types – unless stated otherwise.

Pixi Glow Tonic

This drugstore toner is one of my all time favorites. It has glycolic acid in it which does wonders for your skin. It’s a chemical exfoliant and will leave your skin glowing and smooth. It’s definitely a gentle option. 

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream

Contrary to popular belief, all skin types benefit from moisturize. It contains hyaluronic acid which is a great incredibly regardless of skin type. Hyaluronic acid is a great humectant and will definitely hydrate your skin on the surface and on a deeper level. 

Mario Badescu Facial Spray

Okay, I know this is a cult product, but it really is amazing. This product always gives me the extra boost of hydration I need.

The Ordinary Glycolic Toning Solution 7%

This product has given me the most significant results in my skincare improvement. It’s a great chemical exfoliant that contains glycolic acid. It is stronger than the Pixi Glow Tonic, and is also cheaper. This might be too strong for extra dry skin, but the results are incredible. 

ANY Cetaphil Cleanser

This line is amazing and is recommended by every esthetician and dermatologist I’ve ever met.  They have different types for different skin types. The cleanser is super gentle, but effective.

Carly Long

Scranton '22

Carly is a senior studying Strategic Communications with a concentration in Legal Studies at The University of Scranton. This is her third year as CC at HC Scranton, which she hopes to continue to elevate. In her free time Carly can be found writing, working out, or buying new products to feed her skincare addiction.