This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

With Christmas just around the corner I wanted to share some of my favorite seasonal movies that you may not typically hear about. Although all the traditional Christmas movies are amazing, I have a few you should definitely add to your list to watch this year.

1. The Year Without a Santa Claus

This 1974 film is just under an hour long and is a cute animation where one year Santa decides to cancel Christmas because he thinks no one believes in him anymore. This causes two of Santa’s elves, Jingle and Jangle, and Mrs. Claus to go on a journey to try and rekindle the Christmas spirit in the children so they can save the holiday. 10/10 one of my favorite movies!

2. Santa Claus is Coming to Town!

This is another movie that was released in 1970 and is about an hour long. In this animation a mailman with lots of holiday joy reveals the origin of Santa Claus and how he came to be. Definitely worth the watch!

3. A Charlie Brown Christmas

Although this is a holiday special we all heard of, I’ve noticed it frequently goes unwatched during this busy month. This classic deserves its annual watch, so do not forget to give it the recognition it deserves!

I hope you consider giving these movies a watch this Christmas because they are all worth it! Regardless, I wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season!

Amanda DiNolfi

Scranton '24

Hii! My name is Amanda, and I am a junior studying counseling and human services at the University of Scranton. This is my first year involved in HC and I cannot wait to get involved in this amazing club!