This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

1. Statement Sunglasses

A fun statement pair of sunglasses is always a fun way to make your outfit look put together even when it’s relaxed. They not only protect your eyes from the sun, but they can be a great way to express your personality. My personal favorites for an everyday look are the Ray Ban Hexagon Flay Lenses. They come in so many different colors, that I feel like I can style them with any outfit, and they come in different-size frames.

2. Sunscreen/Bronzing Lotion

My personal favorite part about summer is tanning. Whether it be by a pool, on the beach or in my backyard I always take advantage of my free time to tan. Along with this is my hunt for the best tanning products. Two of my holy grail products are the Carroten Intensive Tanning Gel and the Hawaiian Tropic Weightless Sunscreen 30 SPF. I will usually put on one layer of the tanning gel, and then spray a layer of the sunscreen over. It is important you be careful with the tanning gel if you burn easily because there is no SPF in it. The combo of the gel and weightless SPF gives you the perfect golden-brown tan and leaves you smelling like coconuts.

3. Sun dresses

The thought of the combination of a flowy sundress, tan skin and wavy hair gives me the serotonin I am lacking during this episode of my seasonal depression. Sundresses are the perfect summer outfit to throw on whether it be for a daytime or nighttime look. They come in all different types of fun patterns (which is my goal to wear more of this summer) and colors. You can do a short sundress with a sandal for a daytime look or a midi/maxi dress with a wedge or heel for a nighttime going-out look. You can even buy casual sundresses to throw over your bathing suit to run to the beach with flip-flops. The possibilities are endless and will always have you serving put together, fashionable, and effortless.

4. Bold & bright swimwear

I am another fallen victim to the neutral colors. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a staple neutral fit, but building off of those neutrals with some bold and bright swimwear can add a fun pop of color and will look gorgeous with a golden tan. My personal favorite colors are green, pink and yellow. Some of my favorite swimwear brands are Pretty Little Thing, Princess Polly and Oh Polly.

5. Chunky sandals

Last but not least: A good chunky sandal. This is also another way to provide support but still be fashion forward, mixing comfort and style. You can always do a chunky flip-flop, a velcro strap and my personal favorite, platforms. They take any look to a different level and are versatile enough to wear with pants, shorts, a sundress or really any outfit of your liking.

Hi I am a Second year Health Promotion Major, Health Admin Minor, Nutrition Concentration. I am on the University Cheer team, love to go shopping ,the beach and hang out with my friends with my free time.