This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Over this past winter session, I participated in the Sacred Heart University study abroad program in Dingle, Ireland. I was there from December 28 till January 12, so I was able to celebrate New Year’s in Dingle!

I took a three-credit class while abroad that fulfilled my theology elective at Scranton. I was assigned housing in a cute cottage on the Dingle harbor. I had a great view from my front walkway and was even able to see the fireworks show on New Year’s Eve from the front door!

I loved being able to fully immerse myself in the Irish culture for those two weeks while also taking a class. The course included a mix of in class lecture and field trips to local religious sites.

The study abroad program itself included activities for us to participate in outside of class such as a cookery class, horseback riding on the coast, a bus tour (with a stop to hold a baby sheep), and a day trip to Killarney. We also had a few group dinners with our professor, class, and the other students in the program.

The locals were all very welcoming and the professors were excited to have us in their classes and loved showing us around town and teaching us about their culture. I truly enjoyed my time in Dingle and would recommend the program to anyone looking for a short term study abroad experience!

Ariana Isayiw

Scranton '25

I am a kinesiology major at the University of Scranton. I am from Westminster, Maryland but absolutely love the idea of living in North Carolina one day! My favorite season is fall, my favorite color is lavender, and my favorite food is sushi. I am not a writer at heart but love compiling short lists that share my favorite things :)