Mom and Dad, Thank You.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

As my second year of college is quickly coming to an end, there are so many stressful things that continue to stay on my mind. These things include: preparing for finals, finding summer jobs, acquiring a fall internship, and more. Although my mind is made up of a majority of stress, I can’t help but to think about how lucky I am to be stressed.

You may be thinking, “Why is this girl saying she’s lucky to be stressed? Is she crazy?” No, I’m not crazy (or so, I think.) I’m just very thankful that I am given the opportunity to attend such an excellent college that allows me to work hard to achieve amazing things. And, without the love, encouragement, and support from two of the most important people in my life, I would have never gotten to where I am today. These two people being my amazing parents who deserve to know how thankful I am for them every single day.

Yes, mother’s and father’s have their own designated days to get praised for all of their hard work and dedication that they give to their children. But, our parent’s deserve to know how much we love them and are appreciative of their hard work so much more than just one day of the year.

So, Mom and Dad, thank you for always being my #1 supporters no matter what. I know that sometimes I can make the wrong decisions, but knowing you both will always have my back is what keeps me going.

Mom and Dad, thank you for working your absolute hardest every single day to provide me with all that I have been given in my life. I have the best education, friends, and lifestyle; this is all thanks to you.

Mom and Dad, thank you for being there for me when I need you the most. Through the good days and the bad ones, you both are continuously by my side regardless of what the situation may be.

Mom and Dad, thank you for being my role models. There are no other people in the world that I would rather look up to than the both of you. Because of your hard work, you both have made it so easy for me to follow in your footsteps. Your strong dedication to your work has taught me that not everything in life is free and you must put effort into all that you do.

And finally, Mom and Dad, thank you for showing me the importance of family. While growing up, you go through different schools and make many new friends. Although friends always come and go, family is forever. So, thank you for constantly being there and showing me what it is like to have a supportive and loving family relationship. I never tell you both enough how grateful I am to have you in my life, but always know that I am so blessed to have such amazing parents like you two.

Mom and Dad, Thank You!

Dania El-Ghazal

Scranton '18

My whole biography realistically can't fit here so