Meet Riana Fisher ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

I’m sure you’ve all seen this girl around campus… I mean who could miss that smile?!  The beautiful and intellectual Ms. Fisher is a Jersey native with a great sense of humor.  Keep reading to find out more about this weeks awesome Campus Cutie!

Name: Riana FisherYear: 2016Major: Double Majoring in Biology and PhilosophyHometown: Randolph, New JerseyRelationship status: Single

HC: Congrats on your recent 21st!  What did you do to celebrate the big day?!RF: My housemates and I actually threw a boozy brunch!  We bought a case of champagne, made sangria, cooked breakfast, and had all our friends over.  It was a lot of fun, and something different than Kildare’s.

HC: Did you get any good gifts?!RF: Instead of gifts this year, my sister and I decided to raise money for the Conquer Cancer Foundation. Both our birthdays are in February, and we thought it would be something special to do in memory of our mom.

HC: How did you meet your roommate freshman year?RF: Well I was too scared to go in random, so I figured I’d go with the first normal girl I found on Facebook. I settled for you.

HC: Can you tell me the history behind your first name?RF: It’s a tradition in my family to get named after your grandmother. Her name was Adriana, but my parents wanted to make my name more American, so they cut off the first part. So no, it’s not like Rihanna and I’m not from Barbados- but you can still call me ‘badgirlriri’. 

HC: Do you have a favorite book?RF: Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk or any of the Game of Thrones books.

HC: Favorite Game of Thrones character?RF: I have a serious girl crush on Daenerys.

HC: Favorite food, or foods…?RF: I’ll eat anything, but Stacy’s pita chips are my favorite.

HC: Any fun plans this summer?RF: Yes! I got an internship with the Women’s Society of Health Research, so I’ll be living with my sister in D.C this summer.

HC: As junior year is coming to an end and senior year is right around the corner, what are you going to miss the most about the University of Scranton?RF: Living with my best friends…and dollar slices. 

Julia Troost is a born and raised New Yorker, which comes as no shock once you hear her accent. She is a current senior at the University of Scranton majoring in Occupational Therapy with a minor in Psychology. Having a love for writing and fashion from a young age, HerScranton allows Julia to take a break from the sciences and embody her inner Carrie Bradshaw (circa late 2004). You’ll never see her without a smile on her face or yelling at people to “be optimistic!” Julia looks forward to completing her clinicals at prestigious NYC hospitals, and ultimately working with war veterans.
Samantha is an East Coast girl from Pennsylvania with a New York City attitude and a Florida mindset. Her shopping habits are contagious; she has inherited them from her mom (they say mother knows best, right?). Samantha is a University of Scranton senior majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Business. She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend, Elise. She is also the captain for Scranton Love Your Melon and secretary of the University of Scranton's Business Club. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @samanthaamilazzo @samanthaliza_