Meet Peter Salvatore ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Three words: tall, dark and handsome.  This Italian New York native is bound to cook you up something nice… or at least his mother will.  Ladies, don’t be afraid to approach this 6’2 stud; he is sweet, down to earth, and a true gentleman.  Read on to learn more about Mr. Salvatore!

Name: Peter SalvatoreYear: 2017Major: FinanceMinor: AccountingHometown: Staten Island, New YorkRelationship Status: Single and ready to mingle ;)

HC: What was your first screen name?PS: HockPuck91… I thought it was a good idea back in the fourth grade.

HC: What activities are you involved in on campus?PS: I’m on the Men’s Rugby team as well as being involved with the Mountain Sports Club.

HC: What is your fondest memory at the University so far?PS: My best memory at Scranton so far has to be Parade Day of my freshman year.  I was looking forward to it since the day I was accepted into Scranton.

HC: How do you think you have changed (for better or worse) from freshman to sophomore year?PS: I can definitely say I have matured more since freshman year.  A lot of what I experienced freshmen year molded me into much more of an adult.

HC: What is your favorite meal?PS: My favorite meal back home would have to be my mother’s raviolis and meatballs… DeNaples does not even come close.

HC: Favorite sport?PS: I’ve been playing hockey ever since I can remember.  I grew up watching my uncle play, which has had a huge impact on me.

HC: What is your favorite place you have traveled to so far?PS: Throughout my life I’ve had the blessing of being able to travel often, so I’ve been to many places.  But, it would have to be a toss up between Costa Rica and Potenza, Italy.

HC: Who has been the biggest influence in your life?PS: My father, I could only hope that one day I will be as hard working and successful as he is.

HC: What is one thing you miss the most about Staten Island?PS: I think that like most Staten Islanders, I miss all of the Italian food.  Plus, I miss the overall sense of family that is felt everywhere on Staten Island.

HC: If your quad-mates had to describe you in one word, which do you think they would choose?PS: Unpredictable…

HC: Celeb crush?PS: I would have to say Emma Stone, but Kendall Jenner is a close second.

HC: Pick two to describe yourself: funny, cute, smart:PS: Funny and Ambitious (or use your own word, that’s cool I guess)

Julia Troost is a born and raised New Yorker, which comes as no shock once you hear her accent. She is a current senior at the University of Scranton majoring in Occupational Therapy with a minor in Psychology. Having a love for writing and fashion from a young age, HerScranton allows Julia to take a break from the sciences and embody her inner Carrie Bradshaw (circa late 2004). You’ll never see her without a smile on her face or yelling at people to “be optimistic!” Julia looks forward to completing her clinicals at prestigious NYC hospitals, and ultimately working with war veterans.
Samantha is an East Coast girl from Pennsylvania with a New York City attitude and a Florida mindset. Her shopping habits are contagious; she has inherited them from her mom (they say mother knows best, right?). Samantha is a University of Scranton senior majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Business. She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend, Elise. She is also the captain for Scranton Love Your Melon and secretary of the University of Scranton's Business Club. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @samanthaamilazzo @samanthaliza_