Meet Matthew Prendergast ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

This sophomore tennis star doesn’t have to work hard to grab the attention of girls on campus. His natural charm and good looks are matched with a great sense of humor and caring heart.  Keep reading to learn more about this cutie!

Name: Matthew PrendergastYear:  2017Major: EconomicsHometown: Mt. Olive, NJ Relationship status: Single

HC: Craziest thing you’ve done to get a girls attention?MP: I’ve been known to do the “Bend and Snap”

HC: What’s your biggest deal breaker when it comes to dating?MP: She can’t be too over dependent. I’d like to have someone that’s okay having a social life outside of the relationship.

HC: Favorite holiday activity?MP: Having my relatives constantly asking me why I’m still single.

HC: Do you have a “type” and can you describe what it is?MP: I like girls who are athletic, funny, down to earth, smart, and have a good smile.

HC: Best thing about Scranton?MP: I love the campus and its atmosphere, it’s a good feeling when you walk around campus and see familiar faces.

HC: Three things you couldn’t live without?MP: Food, family, friends

HC: What’s something people don’t know about you?MP: My parents won’t let me get a pet because I killed my hermit crab when I was 5. I left him in the bath (I don’t know if hermit crabs are supposed to bathe or not), went to church, and came back to find Hermie dead. I was devastated.

Latrice is a junior communication major at The University of Scranton.  Besides being a burrito connoisseur, she prides herself on her often confusing yet entertaing instagram posts (@leebea_) and how much time she spends perfecting her pinterest boards. After graduating she hopes to work in public relations. She is so happy to be apart of the HC Scranton team. 
Samantha is an East Coast girl from Pennsylvania with a New York City attitude and a Florida mindset. Her shopping habits are contagious; she has inherited them from her mom (they say mother knows best, right?). Samantha is a University of Scranton senior majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Business. She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend, Elise. She is also the captain for Scranton Love Your Melon and secretary of the University of Scranton's Business Club. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @samanthaamilazzo @samanthaliza_