danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Meet Loren Sgardellis!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Name: Loren Sgardellis

Year: Junior

Major: Psychology

Hometown: Bayonne, New Jersey  

Loren Sgardellis is a junior at the University of Scranton. She is preparing for her third show with the Liva Arts Company. The Liva Arts Company is a fully student-run musical theater club that produces a show every semester. Their show is debuting next Thursday, November 9 and runs until Saturday, November 11. She can often be found on campus in LSC with Bill, the tortoise.

HC: What prompted your involvement with Liva?

LS: I went to a bunch of club meetings after the club fair and I was drawn to the warm and humorous environment that Liva gave off. From the beginning, I knew it would be a good fit.  

HC: What show are you doing this semester and what is it about?

LS: We are performing The Little Shop of Horrors, which is about a guy stuck in the ghetto who becomes famous because of his man-eating plant.  

HC: Why should people come to see this show?

LS: To appreciate the amazingly talented cast and crew. Also, to see the dedication that all members of Liva have. This is an entirely creative student-run production including the director, choreographer, vocal director and stage manager. Also, come for a good laugh!  

HC: Out of the three shows you were in here, which is your favorite?

LS: I can’t choose a favorite; each show was so different and each meant lots to me.  

HC: Do you hope to continue being involved with shows after college?

LS: I would love to. After college, I am planning on going to grad school to further my psychology education. If I find another group to perform with like Liva I would love to get involved.

Little Shop of Horrors will be performed November 9-11 at 8 p.m. with an additional performance November 11 at 2 p.m. The cast will be selling tickets Monday- Friday this week in the DeNaples center 11-2 p.m. 

Laura Riemer is a strategic communication major with a concetration in public relations. She also has three minors in finance, accounting and business. She hopes to continue her education by getting her masters in something in the realm of finance. Laura enjoys writing, listening to music, hanging out with her friends and traveling. She went to England, Scotland and Greece during high school and hopes to have a career that that allows her to continue her travels. 
Dania El-Ghazal

Scranton '18

My whole biography realistically can't fit here so