Meet Loren Sgardellis!

Name: Loren Sgardellis

Year: Junior

Major: Psychology

Hometown: Bayonne, New Jersey  

Loren Sgardellis is a junior at the University of Scranton. She is preparing for her third show with the Liva Arts Company. The Liva Arts Company is a fully student-run musical theater club that produces a show every semester. Their show is debuting next Thursday, November 9 and runs until Saturday, November 11. She can often be found on campus in LSC with Bill, the tortoise.

HC: What prompted your involvement with Liva?

LS: I went to a bunch of club meetings after the club fair and I was drawn to the warm and humorous environment that Liva gave off. From the beginning, I knew it would be a good fit.  

HC: What show are you doing this semester and what is it about?

LS: We are performing The Little Shop of Horrors, which is about a guy stuck in the ghetto who becomes famous because of his man-eating plant.  

HC: Why should people come to see this show?

LS: To appreciate the amazingly talented cast and crew. Also, to see the dedication that all members of Liva have. This is an entirely creative student-run production including the director, choreographer, vocal director and stage manager. Also, come for a good laugh!  

HC: Out of the three shows you were in here, which is your favorite?

LS: I can’t choose a favorite; each show was so different and each meant lots to me.  

HC: Do you hope to continue being involved with shows after college?

LS: I would love to. After college, I am planning on going to grad school to further my psychology education. If I find another group to perform with like Liva I would love to get involved.

Little Shop of Horrors will be performed November 9-11 at 8 p.m. with an additional performance November 11 at 2 p.m. The cast will be selling tickets Monday- Friday this week in the DeNaples center 11-2 p.m.