pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Meet Claudia Panetta ‘16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Name: Claudia Panetta
Year: 2016
Major: Exercise Science
Minor: Psychology and Nutrition
Hometown: Middletown, NY

HC: What are you involved with on campus?
CP:
I’m president of the Italian Society and I tutor at the World Language Department.  I am also a Royal Ambassador and a member of the exercise science club.  I used to teach Zumba classes every week, but now I only do it for special events. 

HC: I heard that you just got accepted into graduate school! Are you staying at Scranton or going somewhere else?
CP: I was actually accepted into a program in Iowa… but I’m also on the waiting list for a school in Arizona so I’ll be at one of those schools next year!

HC: Once you receive your DPT, what would you like to do with it?
CP: Ideally, I would love to work with athletes and help them get back to their sport after being injured.  I just want to work with people and help them get their strength and independence back after being injured.  I’ve always thought that the way the body responds to exercise is fascinating, and I want to facilitate that for others.  I’ve always loved traveling so I hope to incorporate that in my career too.

HC: What are you going to miss the most about Scranton after you graduate?
CP: My roommate, Danielle.  I think our friendship has been the best part of my college career because we grew together and learned so much about life and ourselves.  We have been roommates since sophomore year and have been best friends since freshman year; I am definitely going to miss her a ton.  I am also going to miss all the other beautiful people and the amazing, wonderful friends I’ve made here.  There are so many great people on this campus.

HC: What is a fun fact about yourself that not many people don’t know?
CP: I am the first generation in my family to be born in this country.  My parents were both born and raised in Italy.  I think it’s pretty fun and unique because as a result, I’ve traveled to Italy every year while growing up and I’ve had first hand experience living and growing up in two cultures simultaneously. 

Erin Troy is a junior at the University of Scranton majoring in Strategic Communication with a concentration in public relations. She is excited to start her first year writing for the Her Campus Scranton team! She hopes to one day do PR for the New York Rangers, and live in Manhattan. This Long Island native loves shopping and Taylor Swift. Follow her on Instagram @erintroyy!
Samantha is an East Coast girl from Pennsylvania with a New York City attitude and a Florida mindset. Her shopping habits are contagious; she has inherited them from her mom (they say mother knows best, right?). Samantha is a University of Scranton senior majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Business. She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend, Elise. She is also the captain for Scranton Love Your Melon and secretary of the University of Scranton's Business Club. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @samanthaamilazzo @samanthaliza_