david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Meet Anthony Faso, OT’s Head Honcho

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Name: Anthony Faso

Year: Senior

Hometown: Walden, NY

Major: Occupational Therapy

Anthony is one of the greatest guys you’ll meet at the University of Scranton. He’s an RA and a tour guide on campus, and even went an ISP trip to the Dominican Republic (see photo above)!

HC: How’s your week going?

AF: My week is going good, now that it’s over. It’s been a tough week full of quizzes and projects that I full heartedly procrastinated for, so I’m excited for the weekend to have some down time.

HC: So, what are you studying here at the U?

AF: I’m an OT major here at the U. It’s pretty great… Amanda, you’ve known me for over 3 years. You didn’t know my major?

HC: Moving on. You’re an RA, so tell me how you and the other RAs prepare for Halloween weekend.

AF: Yeah I’m an RA this year in Casey Hall. Last year I was an RA for upperclassmen in the Madison Square Apartments. It has its highs and lows, but overall it has been an awesome experience. RAs prepare for Halloweenkend just like we prepare for any other weekend. There’s always a greater chance for high-risk behavior during the weekend, and yes, there is usually more of these risky behaviors during Halloweenkend. However, this doesn’t take away from the fact that RAs are just here this weekend (and every weekend) to keep the community safe; we are not here to get people in trouble or to scold or belittle anyone. If those behaviors come to our attention, we have to address them. We are just simply doing our jobs, and I hope people are level-headed enough to understand that. Be safe peeps, and don’t do anything stupid! J

HC: Do you have any costumes planned out?

AF: I’m not a big costume guy, but when I am, I like to keep it simple. Last year, I was Sid from Toy Story and I got good reviews on that costume so that may make a reappearance. I just have to find my Buzz Lightyear action figure and mini model rocket…

HC: What was the best costume you’ve ever seen on campus? And what was the strangest?

AF: Hmmm… I am having trouble thinking of specific ones. People here at the U go all out with their costumes. Oh wait! One of my residents was leaving the building a little while ago, and he was dressed in a Cat-In-The Hat onesie and his name is Pat, so he said that he is Pat-In-The-Hat. I got a good chuckle out of that! 

HC: What’s one of the most ridiculous Halloween stories you have from the perspective of an RA?

AF: Being with upperclassmen last year didn’t personally bring me any crazy stories, but I have heard some real doozies throughout the regions. Usually they’re just your typical “party in the room” and other alcohol or drug-related incidents, but one that I heard about last year is coming to mind. Two of my friends were on duty last Halloweenkend and they were on rounds in one of the dorm lounges, and some kid ran up to the windows and lifted his shirt and flashed them. Little did they know, the kid was being chased by cops and they saw the whole incident. Yeah, I would say that is pretty crazy! I’ll keep you posted if I hear of any more this weekend. Hopefully no one tops that story! (I’m talking to you… yeah, you, reading this…)  

HC: What are you most looking forward to this Halloweenkend?

AF: Honestly I am looking forward to going home for part of the Halloweenkend. I am excited to see my family and girlfriend and meet up with a couple of my friends from back home. When I get back though, I am looking forward to seeing what crazy costumes this year is going to bring. I’ve been hearing some interesting ideas so we’ll see what this Halloweenkend brings. 

Amanda Ragusa is studying toward a degree in history with a communication minor. In 2015, she studied abroad in Galway, Ireland and fell completely in love with the culture. She found a passion in creative writing and hopes to one day become a television and/or screenplay writer.
Elizabeth Transue is a Communication Broadcasting major with a minor in Political Science at The University of Scranton. Her life changed when she studied abroad in London and fell in love with traveling. She is obsessed with her adorable pug, Chikfila, and her eleven best friends who just so happen to be her housemates. She can't hold a tune or keep a rhythm but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it! Am I right?