The key to anyone’s heart is FOOD

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching and whether you are magically in love or single, we can all share a love for food. One of my favorite things to do at any time of the year is bake, so I figured why not share a recipe to make with your significant others, family, BFF’s, or just by yourself. This is a holiday-inspired twist on a classic easy dessert. So get your apron on, preheat the oven, and let’s start baking. 

Ingredients:

6 oz white chocolate, coarsely chopped

2 oz pink candy melts

1/4 tsp canola or vegetable oil

8 oz semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped

Conversation heart candies and sprinkles, for decorating

Directions:

1. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
  2. Melt white chocolate and candy melts together in a microwavable safe bowl (30 sections, mix with a spoon and repeat as needed until it is completed melted) Once smooth stir in oil and set aside
  3. Met semisweet chocolate the same way you melted the white chocolate and pour onto baking sheet. Spread it out into a thin layer with a spoon or spatula
  4. Drizzle the white chocolate mixture on top the use a toothpick to swirl the layers together
  5. Top it off with the conversation hearts and sprinkles for decoration
  6. Refrigerate so it hardens for 2 hours and then pieces (any size/shape you want)
  7. ENJOY!!!!! 

This is a super easy dish that will impress anyone you choose to devour it with. Eat this along with a glass of red wine and a romantic comedy and your night is set. Above everything else, have a very happy Valentine’s Day xoxo!

Gabriella Basile was CC and President of Her Campus Scranton during the 2018-2019 academic school year.