John Dunn ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Name:
John Dunn (nickname: Tripp)

Major:
Double major in Finance and History

Year:
Junior

Hometown:
Northville, MI

Relationship Status:
In a relationship

Clubs/Organizations you’re involved with?

I am the president of the Men’s Crew team, and I am in the Business Honor Program, Business Leadership.

What do you like about being president of the Men’s Crew team?

I like that it’s a good group of guys, and it’s something I’m passionate about. I like that we can make a big difference to the program. This past weekend three of our four boats took first place in the Frostbite/Bill Braxton Regatta in Camden, NJ. Even though I am the president, we all work together to become stronger as a team.

Describe your ideal date?

My ideal date would be somewhere around the 20th of October because not only do I love fall, but it’s cool enough to wear a light sweater and pants and still get away with not wearing a jacket. But really, my ideal date would be staying in on a rainy day with my girlfriend, making her dinner and watching a movie.

What’s your favorite drink at Starbucks and why?

I like the gingerbread latte because it’s a sign that Christmas is coming. Nothing beats sipping on a gingerbread latte while you’re snuggled with your girlfriend … assuming your girlfriend bought the latte. (JK).

If Hollywood were to make a movie about your life, who do you think would play you?

Probably Fabio but I don’t think he could capture my masculinity. 

Laura is a senior at the University of Scranton. She is studying English and Psychology graduating in May 2012. Laura is the youngest of three and grew up in Newtown, PA, a suburb of Philadelphia. She is a member of the Scranton crew team, the faculty-student research project, the off campus advisory board, and recently spent part of her summer in Uganda, Africa. She enjoys baking anything in the kitchen that is sweet (specializing in chocolate), peppermint mocha's from Starbucks, running, the leaves changing in the fall, all of the Real Housewives on Bravo, and the Philadelphia Phillies!