It’s Not Goodbye, It’s See You Later

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

My number one, my ride or die, my other half, my soul sister, my gluten-free buddy, my best friend. This girl is a Celeb in every way, from co-founding Her Campus Scranton to earning an incredible job right out of college. Read on to find out more about this beaute.

Name: Elise ChaffiotteMajor: Strategic Communication – Public RelationsMinor: WritingYear: 2015Hometown: Emerson, NJ

SM: How has Her Campus impacted you?EC: Her Campus Scranton has impacted me in so many ways. I’ve learned how to manage several things at once and how to lead a group with many different personalities. It is amazing to see how you can take an unfamiliar thing and make it something people enjoy, which is so rewarding.

SM: What advice would you give to incoming freshmen?EC: Get involved but not too involved, pick a few things that you can fully dedicate yourself to and prosper from.

SM: What will you miss the most about Scranton?EC: The sense of community and being able to sit outside under a purple umbrella on a nice day.

SM: What is your funniest memory at Scranton?EC: The new gym was open for a week and my pants ever so inconveniently got caught in the treadmill and I flew off backwards. (Hello, embarrassing.) I jumped up as quickly as possible and ran out of there.

SM: What are your plans after graduation?EC: I will be working at a boutique public relations firm in NYC as an account coordinator in the lifestyle division.

SM: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?EC: Still working in the city and successful in my profession. I’ve moved back to the suburbs and hopefully I’m happily married with children. Oh and I’ve finally gotten my puppy! (I’ve only been waiting for one since I’m 2.)

SM: What has been your proudest moment as Campus Correspondent and Co-Founder of HC Scranton?EC: Our launch day, seeing the site go live for the first time and thinking, wow, this is real. We worked so hard and everything fell perfectly into place at that moment.

SM: How does it feel to be an “almost” Scranton alumnus?EC: Exciting, strange… but I definitely feel ready.

SM: If you could change one thing about Scranton what would it be?EC: The weather, more sun less snow please! 

Samantha is an East Coast girl from Pennsylvania with a New York City attitude and a Florida mindset. Her shopping habits are contagious; she has inherited them from her mom (they say mother knows best, right?). Samantha is a University of Scranton senior majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Business. She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend, Elise. She is also the captain for Scranton Love Your Melon and secretary of the University of Scranton's Business Club. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @samanthaamilazzo @samanthaliza_