I tried a bunch of products from The Ordinary – Here are my thoughts

Everyone who knows me knows I’m kind of obsessed with skincare. I’m my friends go to on all things skin care, because in college good skin care isn’t always accessible! Don’t fret, collegiates! The last two weeks I’ve spent testing out a range of their products – which the majority of are under ten dollars – and I have a totally unsponsored, unbiased review for anyone looking into this brand. 

First, a little disclaimer, I am obviously not an esthetician. I just love skin care and have made an effort to be knowledgeable about it! I have normal to dry skin but have friends who are oily who have tried these too. I just want to be able to make skincare more accessible to collegiates!

The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors w/ HA

This might be my new holy grail moisturizer – especially for night time. I was a little nervous when I saw “surface hydration formula”, but it did not disappoint. It is definitely a thicker rich cream, than the “surface hydrator” I was expecting. If you don’t love thicker moisturizers, this might not be for you. It definitely hydrates the skin and works really well under makeup!

The Ordinary AHA 30% BHA 2% Peeling Solution

This peel is strong, but it works WONDERS. It has amazing ingredients that you would find in a much more expensive peel – like glycolic, lactic, and citric acids, with antioxidants! This definitely makes your skin super smooth & is an amazing chemical exfoliator! One thing to note, don’t apply over any pimples, because it will burn!

Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Vitamin C is amazing for brightening your skin and will help lighten any dark spots or acne scarring. This product is really strong, and when you apply it there will be a tingling sensation – this is totally normal and means the product is doing its job. It does have a kind of gritty texture when you first apply, but that will be gone once the skin absorbs it. Overall, it did brighten my skin, but I feel like I’d need to try it longer to see major results.

Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%

So the smell of this serum is awful, there is no getting around it. It offers benefits of AHAs. This could include exfoliation, reduced inflammation and reduced scarring. This was not my favorite product; I did notice any major differences. Again, I don’t have acne scarring. However, if that is your skin concern, this product may be perfect.

The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

To review what I explained in my last skin care article, acids are used to chemically exfoliate and remove dead skin. They will brighten a dull complexion and smooth texture. A toner works to prep the skin for all other serums, creams, and products you will use in your skincare routine.  I can’t say that this is better than my holy grail Pixi Glow Tonic, but it is pretty close. It does a great job chemically exfoliating and does prep the skin. I would definitely recommend for night time use though, because 7% is a lot and using this twice a day may dry out the skin. 

The Ordinary Amino Acids + B5

So, ya girl has normal to dry skin. I wanted a serum for my night time routine that would help hydrate my skin. This serum is amazing. I could not recommend this more. It not only hydrates the surface of your skin, but it really like goes deep into the skin. It has been a little over a week and the difference is already noticeable. The added Vitamin B5 further soothes the skins and helps the start the healing process, so it is doing the most. I apply this product at night and in the morning when my skin is feeling extra dry. 

The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5

Another product I could not recommend more! Contrary to popular belief, hyaluronic acid is actually great for all skin types. This does very similar things to the amino acids, but it is different. I spray my Mario Badescu rose water, and then apply the serum in the morning. I let it dry down and then apply my moisturizer. This leave my skin so smooth, and ready to apply makeup.

HCXO,

Carly