This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

1. Network

· Attend as many career fairs and talk to as many people as you can. It is a great way to try to learn about different opportunities at various companies! This also means using all platforms available to you such as LinkedIn, Handshake, and Indeed.

2. Location

· Try to narrow down the location you would like your internship/job to be. Would you rather somewhere new or closer to where you grew up? Big city or small town? Are you okay commuting a little further or does it have to be close by?

3. Research

· Before you apply to several random places, you should see what companies and jobs align with your goals and values! You should also research each internship’s expectations such as how many hours you are required to work and if you are expected to be fully in-person, virtual, or hybrid.

4. Resume

· It is a good idea to make sure you have a strong resume. You can help ensure this by using a clean template and keeping the content up to date and relevant. If your school has a career center, they are also a great resource!

5. Transcript

· Many places will ask you for some sort of unofficial transcript. If this is the case, you should make sure you have access to this whether someone at your school can send one or you can access it on your own through a portal.

6. Apply

· When applying, keep in mind that it is always a good idea to send in your application ASAP. You want to make sure you don’t miss any deadlines or leave any room for errors. Some companies also accept applicants on a rolling basis so getting your application in before the competition is always a smart idea.

7. Interview

· If you are offered an interview, be sure to prepare. Find out if it is in person or virtual, dress appropriately, and do further research on the position and company. Interviews can seem intimidating but just try to be yourself. The company just wants to see if you’re a good fit and answer any questions you may have (be prepared to come with some).

8. Be Confident

· At the end of the day, you are going to end up where you are meant to be! Don’t get too discouraged if things don’t go as expected. It just means there is something better in store for you :)

Accounting major with interests in traveling, music, shopping and movies! Recently been getting into zodiac signs and am always open to learning about or trying new things :)