This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Are you procrastinating starting an unconditionally loving relationship with yourself? Because the truth is that the past is past and the future does not exist. Unconditional love for yourself starts at any moment you want it to—no, allow it to. If you practise radical acceptance of who you are, imagine how powerful you would become.

You’re waiting to hit that goal, be in the right place, or feel more content. But when you release these ideas that you are not somehow whole yet, the result is alchemy. You begin to act with love for yourself in your day-to-day life. Which resembles setting healthy boundaries, listening to your intuition and unapologetically offering the world the best parts of yourself. Self-love entails the recognition of what you deserve and empowers you to walk away from situations that don’t serve you.

Self-love is the next wave of feminism as there is nothing selfish about it. Claiming your heart as your home builds a space for you to receive love from others, enriching all of your relationships. Thus, self-love is not only your duty to yourself but also the world around us. Hurt people hurt others and the liberated will liberate the hurt.

Some Venusian affirmations for your divine feminine:

1) I am the embodiment of love.

2) I envy no one because I am my own version of enough.

3) I willingly make space for myself and my sisters.

4) My grace is precious and only spent on the worthy.

5) My energy magnetises what is meant for me.

6) The woman I want to be is who I already am when I am aligned with my inner voice.

Sincerely yours,

Jamie

Orgullosa Afro-Latina at the University of Scranton who was born in Puerto Rico and grew up in Scranton. I am here to challenge, educate, and make you laugh all in one sitting. International-language Business & Philosophy Major "You've got to jump off cliffs and build your wings on the way down." -Ray Bradbury