This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Most girls do not know a lot about football. They might know the basics, 4 downs, touchdown, quarterback, a sack, etc. Then there are girls who have followed their team as well as others throughout the whole season. Join me in entering the minds of girls during the Super Bowl.

1. Well my boyfriend/ guy friends are having their own Super Bowl party and no girls are invited.2. Why do they need to watch it together? I know a lot about football too.3. Okay, maybe not every player’s stats or where they were traded from, but I know enough to cheer on the team I want to win.4. Granted, I don’t really know the Seahawks or the Patriots…5. Marshawn Lynch, on the Seahawks, he is a SPECTACULAR running back with 1,306 yards and 13 touchdowns in the regular season. (Obviously, I had to look up someone to follow during this game and pretend to know what I am saying.)6. Wait, we are getting together for an all girls Super Bowl party? YES!7. Great, I know more than these girls about football in general, I’m going to look like sporty spice!8. I hope there are snacks. I could really go for some wings, chips and salsa.9. (Arriving at the all girls Super Bowl party) The TV is not even turned on…10. Is this just an excuse to have a party?11. I mean I want to use my newly learned knowledge on the Seahawks…12. I guess we can miss the first quarter to eat and play games.13. (Classmate asking what channel the Super Bowl is on) Wow, I really don’t even know that answer… I’ll look it up on my TV Guide app.14. Okay, great it is finally on! 15. Can someone just tell me what happened? (Preferably in detail so I can text my guy friends, “OMG DID YOU SEE THAT”…. or tweet about it.)16. Well, this is so boring I truly do not care who wins this Super Bowl.17. AW, that was such a great commercial.18. I can’t believe how expensive these commercials are.19. If I had that amount of money I would not spend it on 30 seconds to a minute on television.20. Hmm, what would I spend it on? Clothes? A cute puppy?21. The girls are playing another game?22. God, I can’t walk away from the cheese dip.23. Jenn, as my best friend, should take this dip away from me ASAP before I regret coming here.24. Just one more chip (10 chips later)25. Okay well that did not work… I finished the dip.26. I’m going to need a drink to wash this all down, but they only have beer.27. I guess this is where I start to join the party.28. Katy Perry is going to perform. Since we are all pretty tipsy I can only assume how this Super Bowl halftime show is going to turn into all out karaoke.29. Let’s make a drinking game, every time there is a touchdown you have to chug the whole cup, and half a cup for field goals or turnovers.30. TOUCHDOWN!31. Oh god, if this keeps at it I am going to get way too drunk. Let’s hope for a low scoring game. I have class tomorrow.32. 2 minute warning.33. That was the longest two minutes of my life.34. (Going home) We definitely have more fun than the boys and have better food.35. Wait, who even won?

Elissia Gobencion is a senior at The University of Scranton. She majors in Strategic Communications and has a minor in General Business. She studied abroad in Japan and summited Mount Fuji. Her favorite show is Game of Thrones. She fantasizes about globe trekking. Her weakness is Doritos Cool Ranch.
Samantha is an East Coast girl from Pennsylvania with a New York City attitude and a Florida mindset. Her shopping habits are contagious; she has inherited them from her mom (they say mother knows best, right?). Samantha is a University of Scranton senior majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Business. She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend, Elise. She is also the captain for Scranton Love Your Melon and secretary of the University of Scranton's Business Club. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @samanthaamilazzo @samanthaliza_