This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Here’s to the moms-

Here’s to Suzanne, Janine and Natalie for teaching me that friendship can be unbreakable and last forever,

Here’s to Paula for teaching me that no matter the distance, true friends make an effort and we will make endless memories,

Here’s to Steph for showing me that when times are tough, we will get through it,

Here’s to Judy for showing me positivity, 

Here’s to Amy and Gena who have shown me it doesn’t take blood to make a family, 

Here’s to Dallas who has shown me labels mean nothing about a person, it’s what the person means to you… (forever my extra aunt),

Here’s to my aunts (mom’s sisters) for showing me family is important and reliable even when we’re annoying each other,

Here’s to my Aunt Debbie who has shown me strength and was always the person to go to when my parents say “no,”

Here’s to Christina for being the sister I never had and making me a god-mother, 

Here’s to my Grandma Roz who has shown me that love isn’t measured through material things and for never failing to make me laugh without even trying, 

Here’s to my Grandma Elaine who’s shown me what true love looks like and giving me the best cooking,

Here’s to my mom who’s shown me mother-daughter love (sometimes overbearing), attention to detail, support and everything in between.

Here’s to all the moms on this Mother’s Day, thank you for all you do. 

You are appreciated more than you know.

Happy Mother’s Day!

I am a journalism & electronic media major with a concentration in broadcasting. When I'm not a full-time student, I balance two jobs as well as a healthy lifestyle both in the kitchen and at the gym. Many of my friends consider me the "girlest tomboy" they've ever met. I love all things fashion and beauty but also love quad-riding, weight-lifting, archery, Philadelphia Eagles football and country music. I’m also a full-time dog mom to the cutest two English Bulldogs ever.
Carly Long

Scranton '22

Carly is a senior studying Strategic Communications with a concentration in Legal Studies at The University of Scranton. This is her third year as CC at HC Scranton, which she hopes to continue to elevate. In her free time Carly can be found writing, working out, or buying new products to feed her skincare addiction.