“Gilmore Girls” Cast: Where Are They Now?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

May 15, 2007 – The day Gilmore Girls ended its seven-season run on the CW, and the day my twelve-year-old self felt like her life ended.  Anyone that knows me knows I am a die-hard Gilmore Girls fan.  I’ve seen every episode countless times, can recite lines at the drop of a hat and fantasized for the past ten years where each character ended up.  This show has always been there for me when I needed a good laugh or cry.  I like to consider myself a proud citizen of Stars Hollow, Connecticut living in a fast talking, coffee driven world.  When Netflix announced they would be streaming all seven seasons I didn’t think anything could be better.  I was wrong.  This past year, Netflix announced that they will be reviving Gilmore Girls with four 90-minute episodes titled Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life. AH! The dream I have had for the past decade will finally come true, and this week it’s finally happening.  Every Gilmore Girls fan can definitely relate to what Rory Gilmore said in her Season 3 valedictorian speech, “We never thought this day would come.  We prayed for its quick delivery, crossed days off our calendars and counted hours, minutes and seconds –.” Netflix has released a few trailers giving away spoilers, but here is where I think (and hope) all of the main characters of Gilmore Girls have ended up.

Lorilai Gilmore

In my opinion, Lorilai is superwoman fueled by total confidence and tons of caffeine, and there is no doubt in my mind that she will be back and better than ever!  She will still be extremely fashionable and running the Dragon Fly Inn with total style.  It pains me to say this, but I really feel that Lorilai will screw up her relationship with Luke in the revival.  When we left our favorite couple in 2007, the two had just reunited.  In the revival teasers, we still see them together, but Lorilai is speaking to a new character and seems to have some doubts.  Ah, the classic Lorilai Gilmore commitment issues that have driven us crazy since the early ‘00s!

Rory Gilmore

Rory Gilmore is the classic girl next door.  She’s a perfect, brainy bookworm that any parent would be happy to have.  Rory attended an elite prep school, Chilton, and then goes on to Yale University where she peruses her dream career in journalism.  Rory had a pretty easy time all her life.  She got into three of the top Ivy League schools, had a great internship opportunity her sophomore year, got a job right out of college, and how could we forget her three perfect boyfriends?  I think it’s time for Rory to get a dose of reality.  My prediction is that Rory’s dream of being a journalist is going to crash and burn.  I don’t think she is going to be successful in it and will end up moving back home to Stars Hollow, and will become a teacher at her alma mater, Chilton.  I also believe she will get back together with Logan Huntzberger and live happily ever after with her college sweetheart.

Emily Gilmore

Emily Gilmore is the character we love to hate and hate to love.  She is the perfect combination of class and wit.  Emily’s often overbearing and controlling over her daughter Lorilai’s life, because she always feels she knows best.  I never really expected Emily’s life to change much since we last saw her.  I always expected that she and Richard would be living their same lives at the top of their social circle going to many different extravagant functions, but ever since the passing of her TV husband, Ed Herrmann, I’ve had to rethink how I feel Emily Gilmore will be living her life.  I think she’s going to be same in the sense that she will still be planning extravagant events and holding her place as the head of the DAR, but I think Emily is going to need to learn how to live without Richard.  Emily always said she and Richard were a team, so I think we’re going to see her make tons of new adjustments in her life now that she’s on her own. 

Luke Danes

Luke Danes is one of the oldest residents of Stars Hollow.  We watched him pine for Lorilai for four long seasons and finally win her over.  They went through ups and downs, but Luke was always there for Lorilai, and they end up together.  In the revival, I think Luke will still be running Luke’s Diner.  In season six, we found out Luke had a long lost daughter, April.  Luke will still kind of be figuring out how to be a father while putting her through college.  Based off my feelings toward Lorilai, I also think Luke is just trying to work on his relationship with her so that they can live-out their happily ever after just like we all want them to! 

Dean Forester

Dean was Rory’s “perfect” first boyfriend.  Most Gilmore Girls fans can agree, he sucks.  He may have seemed perfect at first, but he was extremely clingy, controlling and oh yeah, cheated on his wife to be with Rory. I have very low expectations for Dean in the revival.  He’s going to be a washed up divorced guy still working at Doose’s, his high school job.  Once a loser, always a loser.  Sorry, Dean!

Jess Mariano

Jess Mariano is Luke Danes’ nephew who comes to live with him. He is also Rory’s first “bad boy.”  Stars Hollow is less than thrilled when he comes to stay. (Can you blame them? He stole Babette’s lawn gnome!)  Rory and Jess had a rocky relationship with she being the golden child bound for Yale and he a mixed up troubled kid.  Jess comes out on top when we see him again in season six and he had completely gotten his act together.  He published his own book, had a steady job and was the one to convince Rory to go back to Yale, all within 3 episodes!  While Jess may not be my favorite boyfriend of Rory’s, I expect great things from him. Jess opened his own publishing house in New York City and remained a close friend of Rory’s.  I think Jess established himself as a very serious author whose books are at the top of every must read list.

Logan Huntzberger

I saved the best boyfriend for last! If anyone really knows me, they know I am Team Logan all the way!  We met Logan in season 5 and he was your typical spoiled rich kid.  Rory finds him arrogant at first but then finds she is falling for him and tries out her first “casual” relationship.  This doesn’t suit Rory, so Logan decides to commit.  His relationship with Rory helped him grow up and realize his full potential.  When we left Logan in season 7, he had just proposed to Rory and was planning to move to California to work on a new business deal he had just closed.  Unfortunately, Rory was silly enough to say no to her perfect man, so Logan went off to California without her.  In the revival, I think we’ll see Logan in a successful setting with his company out in California.  He’ll still have his wild side, and I wouldn’t be too surprised if we saw him and the Life and Death Brigade do some crazy stunt.  The stars will align and we’re going to see Rory and Logan reunite and be together forever. 

You can head back to Stars Hollow this week when Netflix begins streaming all four episodes of Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life on Friday, November 25!

Erin Troy is a junior at the University of Scranton majoring in Strategic Communication with a concentration in public relations. She is excited to start her first year writing for the Her Campus Scranton team! She hopes to one day do PR for the New York Rangers, and live in Manhattan. This Long Island native loves shopping and Taylor Swift. Follow her on Instagram @erintroyy!
Elizabeth Transue is a Communication Broadcasting major with a minor in Political Science at The University of Scranton. Her life changed when she studied abroad in London and fell in love with traveling. She is obsessed with her adorable pug, Chikfila, and her eleven best friends who just so happen to be her housemates. She can't hold a tune or keep a rhythm but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it! Am I right?