Five Fall Activities for The Broke College Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.
Go on a hike

Go to your local hiking trail and admire the leave changing colors. It’s free and spending time outdoors is great for your mental health! 

Have a scary movie marathon

Grab your friends or significant other and binge watch scary movies on Netflix! Pop some popcorn or run to the dollar store tp stock up on your favorite snacks

Have a bonfire

Enjoy the last few nights of the warm weather and snack on some s’mores with your besties! 

Go apple or pumpkin picking

Most places have free admission and only charge you for the apples by pound, pumpkins and other merchandise! This is a classic fall activity and it’s the perfect photoshoot scene for fall worthy Insta pics

Bake

Whether it’s from scratch or Pillsbury ready-to- make pumpkin cookies, baking is a fun activity to do with friends and you can make it fall festive! Plus, you get some yummy treats out of it! 

Enjoy the fall season without breaking the bank! Embrace nature. Get cozy at home. Spend quality time with friends and family celebrating the festive season. ‘Tis the season of free fall festivities. 

Madeline DeBaro

Scranton '22

Junior Counseling and Human Services Major at The University of Scranton
Carly Long

Scranton '22

Carly is a senior studying Strategic Communications with a concentration in Legal Studies at The University of Scranton. This is her third year as CC at HC Scranton, which she hopes to continue to elevate. In her free time Carly can be found writing, working out, or buying new products to feed her skincare addiction.