This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

College can be a rollercoaster that is much easier to ride with a partner in crime.  If you’re lucky enough to find a person who can handle you at 3 a.m. on a Saturday, you’ve found a friend for life.  Although you may not be stand-up comedians (at least to other people) here’s 10 reasons why it is crucial to find the Tina Fey to your Amy Poehler.

1. There will be plenty of embarrassing moments throughout these four years. Even though she may be three drinks ahead of you, she’ll always be a step behind to make sure you’re home safe, but not without a slice of pizza first.

2. You’ll always have a workout partner to help you get through complaining about completing the latest workout craze. You’re well prepared to laugh your calories off rather than run them off.

3. Through every breakup or fight with your S.O., she’s there to make sure you are eating, sleeping, and showering, because nothing is worse than a sad friend, especially one who smells worse than your dirty laundry. 

4. Through every party, or night at the bar, you will have a reliable dance partner and bathroom buddy…drop it drop it low girllllll!!!!!

5. She’s a superstar in your snap story, so people may ask, “Do you two ever separate?” But seriously, you’re just trying to get your funny friend one step closer to fame. Duh.

6. Since you spend an excessive amount of time together, it’s obvious there are bound to be arguments, ESPECIALLY when you happen to notice she’s sporting your new shirt and you have been up all night studying for the 3 exams you have tomorrow…NBD right???

7. Nothing is more perfect than when you spot each other while you’re out and telepathically tell each other that you look great up there dancing on that table!!! (We’ll discuss this tomorrow morning.) 

8. Boys are so annoying…. but, when he actually texts you first with the infamous “whatchu doin tonight?” you instantly run into her room and break out into a sudden dance party.

9. For those random nights (3x per week) when you just NEED McDonald’s, she’s always down for the ride claiming, “I don’t want anything but I’ll come” even though as soon as you arrive you find her ordering half the menu.

10. So it’s pretty obvious she’ll be your maid of honor when you marry the man of your dreams (and no, not the dreamy boy from math class who only texts you at 3 a.m.) but beware, college stories create a great maid of honor speech and yes, pictures will be included… sorry mom! 

Emily Darcy is a sophomore at the University of Scranton majoring in Strategic Communication, with a track in Advertising. She is one of the social media correspondents for HCScranton, and loves being apart of the team. Emily loves hanging out with her friends, eating pizza and vacationing in Naples, Florida.
Emily is a junior at the University of Scranton majoring in Strategic Communication, with a focus in Public Relations. Emily can often be found ordering a venti black tea lemonade from Starbucks or petting random dogs on campus. She loves hanging out with friends, spending summers on the Chesapeake Bay, and can't be seen without her Bean Boots and pearl earrings.
Jessica is a sophomore at the University of Scranton majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in general business. She is so excited to be a part of the HCScranton team and hopes to reach other girls on campus. This Jersey Girl loves hanging out with her friends and family, soaking up the sun at the beach, and is never found without her prized possession MK bag. Follow her on Instagram @jessicaperillo!
Dania El-Ghazal

Scranton '18

My whole biography realistically can't fit here so