Fall In Love With These 17 Fall Nail Polish Colors

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Ahh, back to school. This means no more weekly trips to your favorite nail salon at home. As much as we wish we could get a manicure weekly, the harsh reality is that we are all broke college students. It is no longer summer, the colors on the trees are changing, and so should the color on your nails. Take a look at these fabulous Essie colors to get an idea of what you should be wearing on your nails this fall. 

Neutrals: Although neutrals are not typical dark fall colors, they look great paired with your favorite brown boots and army green jacket. 

1- Mochacino

No, this isn’t a drink from Starbucks, but it is a lovely gray with a pop of shimmer that will look great with the fall hues in your wardrobe.

2- Sand Tropez

As much as we all wish we could be on the beautiful coastal town in the French Riviera, Sand Tropez may be as close as we can get to the beach.  

3- Take It Outside

Just as the name says, paint your nails this fresh taupe color, and go outside and experience the crisp, fall weather.

4- Chinchilly

This sleek gray polish will look great with any fall clothing it’s paired with.

5- Miss Fancy Pants

Although summer fancy pants are no more, Miss Fancy Pants is a great chic fall color.

6- Eternal Optimists

While being bombarded with tests, quizzes, and research papers, be sure to wear eternal optimists to stay optimistic about getting an A!

Dark: Red is usually one of the colors associated with the holiday season; however, this fall is the perfect time to rock these red shades.

7- Carry On

Keep Calm and wear Carry On.

8- In The Lobby

Pair this cinnamon plum color with your favorite canvas jacket and deep red lip for the perfect fall outfit.

9- Angora Cardi

This color is the perfect shade of rose to complete any outfit.

10- Sole Mate

Unlike your ex- boyfriend who you swore was your soul mate, this deep plum color will never leave you.

Earth Tones: Fall is the most colorful season. Be sure to use these Earth tones to show off those colors with your nail polish choice!

11- Mink Muffs

No minks were harmed in the making of this plush, perfect fall nail color.

12- Don’t Sweater It

While holding your Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks, show off this warm mauve nail color.

13- Smokin’ Hot

Sitting next to a bonfire on a cool fall night, be sure you have on Smokin’ hot, the color that is cool enough to even get the fire’s attention.

14- Sew Psyched

All of your friends will be so psyched to know what this sage color is called, and when they can borrow it.

15- Little Brown Dress

Pair this perfect shade of brown with your favorite cream-colored sweater and riding boots.

16- Alligator Purse

Nothing says fall more than the color orange, and this dark hue will remind you of being at the pumpkin patch.

17- In Stitches

Wear this with your favorite pair of brown booties, jeans and infinity scarf for a day out on the town (or on campus).

Picking nail polish colors is one of the hardest decisions we have to make. We hope that you choose to rock one of these amazing hues while visiting the pumpkin patch, watching 13 nights of Halloween on ABC Family, or strutting around campus holding your favorite Starbucks drink.

Jill is a Junior at the University of Scranton majoring in Counseling and Human Services. She is a self proclaimed beauty and fashion lover, so HerCampus was the perfect place to stay connected and share her own tips & tricks. When she's not on social media, you can catch her watching endless movies and re-runs of Friends, binge-eating her favorite snacks & wishing she was on the beach. Follow her on Instagram @jcumming3. 
Meghan is a junior at The University of Scranton. She is majoring in Strategic Communication with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Management. Meghan is obsessed with her two yellow Labrador Retrievers and is frequently told she is just another common white girl. Having extreme FOMO, Meghan has not studied abroad but would love to travel the world one day. Meghan is excited to join the Her Campus Scranton team and looks forward to the opportunities ahead.
Samantha is an East Coast girl from Pennsylvania with a New York City attitude and a Florida mindset. Her shopping habits are contagious; she has inherited them from her mom (they say mother knows best, right?). Samantha is a University of Scranton senior majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Business. She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend, Elise. She is also the captain for Scranton Love Your Melon and secretary of the University of Scranton's Business Club. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @samanthaamilazzo @samanthaliza_