yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

It is that time of year again where the leaves start changing colors, the temperature gets colder outside, and all things spooky begin to creep out. This is my favorite time of the year. However, I can understand if you are a little bit bitter that winter is on its way. Hopefully, this list of fall inspired favorites will bring you out of that bitterness.These are just a few of the foods and TV shows I am enjoying this fall season, and I hope you enjoy them as well.

Horror TV shows…

The Haunting of Hill House- Netflix Original Show

If you haven’t already purchased Netflix for you to enjoy movies and TV shows like the rest of the world, this show is surely a reason to buy it. It is a suspenseful, frightening, and interesting show about a family who moves into a mansion when strange things begin to occur. It goes back and forth between present day, when the family is grown up, and to the past, where the family is much younger to captivate its audience. With only a mere ten episodes, this show is easy to binge watch in one weekend.

American Horror Story- FX

If you haven’t seen season one or three of American Horror Story yet, like I said in the last favorite, buy Netflix and binge watch it. Then, after you have seen season one and three, go on demand or online and watch the current season, Apocalypse. It is suspenseful, and unlike a good amount of their other seasons, it is very interesting. However, I may be biased because season one and three were my favorite and this current season elaborates on those past seasons. This show is on Wednesdays at 10 p.m.

The Purge (TV show)- USA Network

Need I say more? If you enjoyed the movies, you’re sure to enjoy this show. If you did not enjoy the movies, I would still recommend you give the tv series a shot to change your mind. You can find previous episodes on demand or online and the show is on Tuesdays at 10 p.m.

TV shows that are not scary (newer releases)…

A million little things- ABC

This heart wrenching tale of a group of friends and their families may not be for everyone. That is because this show discusses the topic of suicide. However, if you feel as though this is a show you may want to watch, I would highly recommend it. Not only does it allow you to let a good cry out, but it also captures its audience by talking about topics people tend to stay away from. With many twists and turns throughout the few episodes they have released thus far, it would be hard to become bored of the show easily. The show is on at 10 p.m. on Wednesdays.

Grey’s Anatomy- Netflix and ABC

Yes, I know what you are thinking, there are way too many seasons for me to ever catch up on this show! I am here to tell you that you’re wrong. Coming from someone who only began watching the show two years ago, I am already caught up to the current season. For anyone who lives under a rock and doesn’t already know, Grey’s Anatomy is a medical TV drama that is a MUST see. Thank me later.

Snacks…

Apple Cider Donuts

Pumpkin Bars

Banana Bread

Pumpkin Pie

Cookies (Specifically the Pillsbury ones with the ghosts on them)

Kettle Corn

Alex Altier

Scranton '21

Alex is a sophomore at the University of Scranton studying Primary and Special Education. On campus, she is also a member of Autism Speaks. What she enjoys most is helping others, watching Netflix, and listening to new music.
Gabriella Basile was CC and President of Her Campus Scranton during the 2018-2019 academic school year.