Exceeding The Limit, Matt Antico

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Striving for success is first on this celebrity’s list. He is a diligent and dedicated student who works hard for killer internships and acts as Vice President of the Business Club. His hobbies are nothing short of active and outdoors. You may have spotted this celebrity on campus for his incredible sense of style, read on to learn more about Matt. 

Name: Matt AnticoYear: 2016Major: FinanceHometown: Neshanic Station, NJ

HC: How did you decide to come to Scranton?MA: I was drawn to the friendly and inviting environment shown by the Scranton community. 

HC: Do you have a favorite Scranton memory?MA: Some of my favorite memories include the last few Parade Days and the Kania School of Management’s Young Alumni Day held this past fall.

HC: What’s your favorite class you’ve taken at Scranton?MA: I enjoyed taking Intermediate Finance this past fall.

HC: Who is your favorite professor at Scranton?  MA: My Operations Information Management professor, Dr. Isil.

HC: Where’s your favorite spot on campus?MA: The Dionne Green.

HC: What do you think the best part of a Jesuit education is?MA: I feel that taking theology and philosophy classes allows you to broaden your train of thought which in turn makes you more of a well-rounded person. 

HC: If you could relive one year at Scranton which would it be and why?MA: I would definitely choose freshman year, mainly because I miss living in the dorms and having all my friends on my floor.

HC: What hobbies do you have? MA: Snowboarding, Surfing, Golfing.

HC: What’s number one on your bucket list?MA: Either surf in Hawaii or snowboard the Alps.

HC: What’s your dream job? MA: My dream job would be to open up my own restaurant on Long Beach Island after retiring from my career in Finance.

HC: How do you think your upcoming internship at UBS will contribute to fulfilling your dreams?MA: I’ve always enjoyed helping people by giving advice and by working within the wealth management division I will be able help people make smart decisions with their life savings.  

HC: Do you have any tips for students who are trying to balance schoolwork, extracurricular, and other obligations like internships?MA: Have the mindset of getting all your work or tasks done as soon as possible.  Never put anything off, just get it done. 

HC: What’s one thing everyone would be surprised to learn about you? MA: I really enjoy landscaping; my first home’s lawn will be pristine.   

Samantha is an East Coast girl from Pennsylvania with a New York City attitude and a Florida mindset. Her shopping habits are contagious; she has inherited them from her mom (they say mother knows best, right?). Samantha is a University of Scranton senior majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Business. She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend, Elise. She is also the captain for Scranton Love Your Melon and secretary of the University of Scranton's Business Club. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @samanthaamilazzo @samanthaliza_