This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Lately as I’ve been studying for plenty of upcoming exams and working on papers before heading home for Easter break, I’ve found a lot of comfort in my alternative/alt rock playlist. I would be lying if I said I didn’t find myself getting a little distracted and singing along sometimes, but this playlist keeps me alive and engaged during long library sessions. I definitely have a wide variety of tastes in music, and I think this list captures it. Here are some of my favorite jams lately!

• “Seventeen Going Under” by Sam Fender
  • “The Angel of 8th Avenue” by Gang of Youths
  • “3 am” by Matchbox Twenty 
  • “First” by Cold War Kids
  • “Black Madonna” by Cage the Elephant
  • “Little Dark Age” by MGMT
  • “New Person, Same Old Mistakes” by Tame Impala
  • “Lithium” by Nirvana 
  • “Scar Tissue” by Red Hot Chili Peppers
  • “Champagne Supernova” by Oasis

This list definitely captures such a range of music styles and I hope that others enjoy these songs and their vibes just as I do! 

Hi! I am Brooke and I am a student at the University of Scranton. I am majoring in Occupational Therapy. When I am not cramming in school work (lol) I love spending my time with friends going out to eat, shopping, watching movies, and more. I am a new member to HC this year and I am very excited to see where this experience brings my friends and me!