Cramming For An Exam: Michael Scott Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

24 Hours Before Exam (11:00 AM Sunday):

Your confidence level is at an all-time high. You feel like you have all the time in the world. Five chapters, twenty-four hours, you’ve got this!

23 Hours Before Exam (12:00 PM Sunday):

Five chapters, twenty-four hours, what were you thinking?? One hour down, three slides done, confidence level going down.

22 Hours Before Exam (1:00 PM Sunday):

First break because damn, you deserve it, or at least that’s what you tell yourself.

20 Hours Before Exam (3:00 PM Sunday):

Now that you’ve wasted two hours on a thirty minute break, time to get back on track. Come on, pull up those slides, finish that first chapter!

19 Hours Before Exam (4:00 PM Sunday):

First chapter down, absolutely nothing understood. No time to waste figuring it out, time to move on.

18 Hours Before Exam (5:00 PM Sunday):

Halfway through second chapter, finally something clicks!

17 Hours Before Exam (6:00 PM Sunday):

“I see it, I want it, I dream it, I work hard, I grind ‘til I own it.”

Beyonce’s lyrics have never held more truth ‘til now. You’re on a roll, everything’s making sense. Confidence levels going way up.

16 Hours Before Exam (7:00 PM Sunday):

You finally meet up with your classmates and you realize everything you thought you knew was all wrong.

15 Hours Before Exam (8:00 PM Sunday):

Everyone’s actually wrong; no one gets anything. But hey, at least you’re in it together.

14 ½ Hours Before Exam (8:30 PM Sunday):

You think maybe moving locations will bring some hope and you set up camp in Weinberg for the night. Spoiler: it doesn’t make a difference.

14 Hours and 3 Minutes Before Exam (8:57 PM Sunday):

Since Starbs closes at an unreasonable 9:00 PM, you’re rushing to DeNaples to get that one last kick of caffeine you know you’ll need. And why not stop at Pod for a Monster too?? Get all the help you can get.

13 Hours Before Exam (10:00 PM Sunday):

Going through all your notes takes way more time than you have. Might as well test your knowledge with a practice exam.

12 Hours Before Exam (11:00 PM Sunday):

When you think you aced that practice exam, but then look at the answers posted online.

11 Hours Before Exam (12:00 AM Monday):

When the double shot espresso was not enough, you crack open a cold Monster and start chugging.

10 Hours Before Exam (1:00 AM Monday):

Not only are you questioning this class, you’re questioning your major in general. The new tab on your laptop is now the University course catalog.

9 Hours Before Exam (2:00 AM Monday):

Prime snack time, but you’ve been studying for fifteen hours, so things are getting a little weird.

8 Hours Before Exam (3:00 AM Monday):

You and your friends are starting to give up and are trying to find any way possible to pass this exam.

7 Hours Before Exam (4:00 AM Monday):

When you realize you can’t focus anymore and you convince yourself that you will review everything in the morning if you go to bed now and wake up early.

1 Hour Before Exam (10:00 AM Monday):

You wake up after “Snooze”ing your alarm for what seemed like two times, then realize you’ve really overslept by two hours.

30 Minutes Before Exam (10:30 AM Monday):

Packing your backpack, trying to give yourself a little pep talk.

Time of Exam (11:00 AM Monday):

It’s go-time, this is what you’ve been waiting for!

Leaving the Exam (11:50 AM Monday):

Just happy to be finished.

(11:51 AM Monday):

When you realize you and your friend got the same answer.

(11:52 AM Monday):

When you realize you have to do it all over again for your exam tomorrow.

Kassaundra Thiel is an avid coffee drinker and fashion fanatic attending the University of Scranton seeking a degree in Biochemistry, with a minor in Philosophy. 
Dania El-Ghazal

Scranton '18

My whole biography realistically can't fit here so