This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Are you a concert addict? A music geek? Looking to buy tickets for your next concert in the Tri-State Area? If so, me too, and I’ve got your back. I was lucky enough to be able to attend several concerts across NY, NJ, and PA last summer and am happy to share reviews of the different venues I visited; know when and WHERE to go!

Lizzy McAlpine, Olivia Barton – The Fillmore, Philadelphia, PA

I unfortunately did not have the best experience; Lizzy was awesome, but The Fillmore was an absolutely terrible venue to see a concert. Air circulation was horrific, heat was unbearable – Lizzy had to stop the show at least 10 times for security to come around and check on people who had passed out from dehydration/heat exposure. People in “the pit” got so desperate that they started rationing out and sharing tiny cups of water that security had passed out. Avoid at all costs…

Rating: ★★

Noah Kahan, Joy Oladokun, Mt. Joy – The Mann Center, Philadelphia, PA

One of the best concerts I’ve EVER attended! Absolutely loved Noah and The Mann; the venue is BEAUTIFUL, such a hidden gem! Food/drink lines are slightly disorganized, so get there early if you wanna grab lunch/dinner. I 100% recommend and am so grateful for the experience.

Rating: ★★★★★

Thomas Rhett, Cole Swindell, Nate Smith – Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza, Wilkes-Barre, PA

Loved this show! Mohegan Sun was also a little hot (and by a little, I mean sweat was dripping down my forehead), but not nearly as unbearable as The Fillmore. This was a very positive experience for me; no matter where you sat in the venue, you had a great view of the stage. Would definitely go again!

Rating: ★★★

beabadoobee, Been Stellar – Terminal 5, New York, NY

Such a cool place to see a show; if you ever have the opportunity, GO! Looks like a sketchy “hole in the wall” from the outside, but the inside is EPIC – three levels of standing room offer a great view no matter where you wind up.

Rating: ★★★★

Dan + Shay, MacKenzie Porter, Griffen Palmer – PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ

I’ve been to PNC countless times, and I wholeheartedly recommend it! Traffic control and the distance between the Center and its parking lots is a tad disorganized/annoying, but the arena itself isn’t a bad place to see a concert. If your favorite artist is playing at PNC, I wouldn’t miss it.

Rating: ★★★

5 Seconds of Summer, Meet Me at the Altar – Madison Square Garden, New York, NY

Come on, it’s MSG. LOVED IT! It’s iconic for a reason!

Rating: ★★★★★

Hi! I'm Faith and I'm an English major with Writing and Philosophy minors at the University of Scranton! I absolutely love writing, reading, and listening to music, along with theater, black tea lemonade, and "When Harry Met Sally" ◡̈