Style > Beauty

For the College Girl on a Budget: 7 Affordable Makeup Products

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Let’s face it! Good, affordable makeup is hard to come by. That being said, the money for the new Giorgi Armani foundation is even HARDER to come by. I did some digging at my local CVS and found a few hidden gems. Thank me later!  

1 Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer

The Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer is an absolute must have! It’s blend-able, coconut scented formula gives you a natural, Summer bronzed complexion (even when you spend your days stuck indoors studying).  

2 Wet N’ Wild Photo Focus Foundation

This full coverage foundation perfectly hides the weekend before at the low-price of $6.49!

3 Jergens Natural Glow Instant Sun Sunless Tanning Mousse

I am the biggest fan of this self-tanner. The Jergens Natural Glow Instant Sun Sunless Tanning Mousse gives you the perfect summer glow that will last you the weekend. 

4 Milani Rose Blush 

Not enough time to get ready before your 8am?Not only is the Milani Rose Blush VSCO worthy, but key to brightening up your Monday. 

5 Maybelline Fit Me Concealer 

With a wide shade range, you are sure to find your perfect fit to hide those pesky breakouts.

6 Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara 

Maybelline’s Lash Sensational Mascara has been a key product in my beauty routine, since high school. The miracle lash cosmetic is sure to vamp up any look. 

7 E.L.F Lip Plumping Gloss 

No drugstore makeup haul is complete without an e.l.f product! This iconic brand never fails to disappoint in both quality and price, and the plumping gloss is no exception! Pop some of this on to add an instant plump and shimmer to your day to night time look. 

Grace Regan

Scranton '22

Hi! My name's Grace and I'm an Occupational Therapy major at the University of Scranton.
Carly Long

Scranton '22

Carly is a senior studying Strategic Communications with a concentration in Legal Studies at The University of Scranton. This is her third year as CC at HC Scranton, which she hopes to continue to elevate. In her free time Carly can be found writing, working out, or buying new products to feed her skincare addiction.