This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Beware fellow collegiettes, no matter how much you say you will try to be different this fall; we all know you will fall into the trap of the typical common “white girl.”

Pumpkin Spice LattesWhether it’s from Starbucks or Dunkin, embrace you’re inner self and be seen walking down The Commons with this warm, so cliché drink.

Uggs – Northface – LeggingsCome on ladies…Comfy, yes. Fashionable, no! We can do better. One word – B.A.S.I.C

More Fall FashionFlannels, Boots, Scarves, Leg warmers… time to bring ‘em out! Layer it up girls!

Pumpkin PatchPrepare yourself for all the instagram pictures. Sororities and BFF’s are bound to take a picture at a pumpkin patch. Refer to #2 for what they will be wearing.

Provocative Halloween CostumesPublic Service Announcement: No one likes a slutty mouse, rabbit, or angel. Be different. Be funny.

Scary S***It’s cuffing season, so ladies find a man and go to a haunted house – just kidding, your girlfrannnnds will do! Should I mention cuffing season is a lame cliché too?

Binge watching ABC FamilyHalloweentown, Harry Potter seasons, Hocus Pocus. Need I say more? 

Fall ColorsPaint your nails maroon. Wear brown lipstick. Color your hair dark…because who said you can’t be blonde all year long?

October 3“On October 3rd, he asked me what day it was” – Mean Girls. We’ll all celebrate National Mean Girls’ Day by posting this on Twitter or Facebook.

If you don’t fall into one of these categories, you are lying! We are all basic, so lets be basic together.

Elizabeth Transue is a Communication Broadcasting major with a minor in Political Science at The University of Scranton. Her life changed when she studied abroad in London and fell in love with traveling. She is obsessed with her adorable pug, Chikfila, and her eleven best friends who just so happen to be her housemates. She can't hold a tune or keep a rhythm but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it! Am I right?
Samantha is an East Coast girl from Pennsylvania with a New York City attitude and a Florida mindset. Her shopping habits are contagious; she has inherited them from her mom (they say mother knows best, right?). Samantha is a University of Scranton senior majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Business. She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend, Elise. She is also the captain for Scranton Love Your Melon and secretary of the University of Scranton's Business Club. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @samanthaamilazzo @samanthaliza_