Cheat Day Inspo: The Right Way To Take A Diet Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

So, you’ve been dieting in anticipation of summer (or in my case, not) and may be afraid to stray away from your diet for your cheat day. What do you eat on a cheat day? Maybe a salad with crispy chicken instead of grilled? Some french fries? A scoop of ice cream? Heck no! Let’s not forget, a cheat day is meant to reward yourself by eating food that makes you feel satisfied and excited to eat. While comfort foods like pizza, fries and pasta may not be the best food to nourish your body, it sure is the best food to nourish your soul! Here is some foodie inspiration for your next cheat day, or cheat meal. Whether you go out to eat, or make your own version of these meals at home, this food is sure to fill your cheat day with a bang!

Breakfast:

1. This bacon, egg, and cheese on a croissant

@infatuation_nyc 

2. This bacon, egg, and cheese on a cinnamon bun

@nyceeeeeats

3. Cannoli-stuffed French toast

@nyceeeeeats 

Lunch:

4. Pesto garlic knots

@nyceeeeeats

5. Chicken cutlet sandwich

@nyceeeeats 

6. French fries with parmesan peppercorn sauce

@nyceeeeeats

**Currently drooling**

Dinner:

7. Cacio e Pepe

@infatuation_nyc 

**Heart eyes emoji x100000**

8. Fried chicken sandwich

@infatuation_nyc

9. Pizza with grilled chicken, Cool Ranch Doritos, and ranch

@mikejchau

10. Pasta in a Bread Bowl

@infatuation_nyc (instagram)

**Drooling x10000000000** (I just really love pasta)

11. Dumplings

@infatuation_nyc (instagram)

…Are you hungry yet?

Dessert:

12. Some eccentric ice cream

@mikejchau 

13. Churros with chocolate dipping sauce

@infatuation_nyc 

14. Crepe Cake

@mikejchau 

**Yep, still drooling**

These amazing dishes are just some of the foods that would make a prime cheat day! Of course, there are many, many more possibilities.

To get inspiration of foods and restaurants to try, I follow several food Instagram accounts; some of my favorites are featured above, including @nyceeeeeats, @mikejchau – whose main food account is @foodbabyny, where he features pictures of food and his adorable children in the background/trying the food, and @infatuation_nyc.

@infatuation_nyc’s main account is @infatuation; this Instagram account is great because they have a food account for every major city, such as @infatuaiton_la, @infatuation_paris, @infatuation_seattle, etc., so wherever you travel there are great suggestions!

They also have an app called “Infatuation” where reviews and guides to different restaurants are posted. Now, put down the salad and go check your favorite food blog/account to get inspiration for your next cheat day!

I love puppies, Disney World, and pasta.
Dania El-Ghazal

Scranton '18

My whole biography realistically can't fit here so