Sororityrush Hero
Sororityrush Hero
Neula Ha/ Her Campus Media

Britney Spears: The Original Bad Bleep

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

We all know Britney Spears… low cut jeans, perfectly styled blonde hair and her iconic singing voice. She is known for being the “Princess of Pop” and has had a huge influence on teen pop music in the later 1990s and early 2000s. Here are some reasons that prove that Britney was the original bad bleep: 

Her first two albums “…Baby One More Time” and “Oops!… I Did It Again” became two of the best-selling albums of all time. 

She has had six number 1 albums on the Billboard 200. 

She has won countless awards

Including a Grammy Award, 13 Guinness World Records, 6 MTV Video Music Awards, 7 Billboard Music Awards (including the Millennium Award) and the Radio Disney Icon Award. 

She has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. 

She has an amazing fashion sense. 

Low cut pants and shorts, neon and sparkles, crop tops before they were cool, and pigtails. 

Her Baby One More Time outfit became one of the most iconic teen girl Halloween costumes,

With a tied button-down shirt, school skirt and her iconic pigtail braids with fluffy hair ties.  

She dated Justin Timberlake… Need I say more? 

Whether you love or hate Britney, you cannot deny the fact that she has been one of the most iconic and influential teen pop stars of the late 1990s and early 2000s. With catchy songs, incredible dancing and the coolest fashion sense, Britney became one of the most well-known celebrities of her time. Girls and women of all ages loved and adored Britney, and the way she radiated confidence and women power. Sorry Addison Rae, but Britney is the original bad bleep.  

Hi my name is Bella! I am a Public Relations and Social Media Strategies double major concentrating in Women Studies! I am passionate about social media, editing, dance, and fashion! I love to write and spend most of my time editing instagram pictures. I hope you enjoy the articles I have written!
Carly Long

Scranton '22

Carly is a senior studying Strategic Communications with a concentration in Legal Studies at The University of Scranton. This is her third year as CC at HC Scranton, which she hopes to continue to elevate. In her free time Carly can be found writing, working out, or buying new products to feed her skincare addiction.