yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

Are You a Horror Film Addict?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

If you’re like myself, you love October because it’s the spooky season. There are quite a few interesting horror films coming out this year. I am going to focus on the must see of October. So, if you are not the type to want to go and visit your local horror attractions this October, this movie list is perfect for you. 

1. Apostle 

This movie is directed and written by Gareth Evans. This scary film is focused upon a religious cult. The main character is played by Dan Stevens. He is on a quest to save his sister but gets roped into the treachery occurring there. He no longer is on a single mission but onto the discovery of said traitor. This movie comes out on October 12 and will be sure to keep you on the edge of your seat.

2. I Still See you

In this spooky film Bella Thorne is the main character. Ten years after a tragedy the survivors can see echoes of the those who died. Bella sees a “Rem” out for her head causing her to team up with a high-school classmate to survive. This film will give you an eerie feeling.

And now the one I am most excited for!

3. Halloween

I have watched all the Halloween films ever made. This one is special because it is going to be a direct sequel to the 1978 original film. Also, the return of Jamie Lee Curtis makes this a must see! 

Whether you go to these movies with friends, family or a significant other you will definitely be in for a scare.

I am currently a junior majoring in psychology at the University of Scranton. I am Scranton born and raised. I plan on attending grad school after completing my studies at the University. I also love to write about almost anything especially in regards to mental health.
Gabriella Basile was CC and President of Her Campus Scranton during the 2018-2019 academic school year.