This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Happy Women’s History Month! This month we are celebrating all the women around the world and everything that makes them so amazing. Sometimes, when I’m feeling down and need a pick-me-up, I love to listen to songs that make me feel empowered and confident.  In honor of this month, I wanted to share some of my personal favorite female empowerment songs so you can get your groove on and feel like the queen that you are!

1. The Man – Taylor Swift
  2. Run the World (Girls) – Beyoncé
  3. Woman – Kesha, The Dap-Kings Horns
  4. Roar- Katy Perry
  5. Love Myself- Hailee Steinfeld
  6. Girl on Fire- Alicia Keys
  7. Man! I Feel Like a Woman! – Shania Twain
  8. BO$$- Fifth Harmony
  9. Sorry Not Sorry- Demi Lovato
  10. Sit Still, Look Pretty- Daya

I hope these songs will bring you the same joy and empowerment that they bring me! I love the message behind them that girls can do anything they set their mind to. Shout out to all the strong women in the world, stay killing it!

Lauryn Beermann

Scranton '22

Lauryn is a Junior Health Promotion major with a minor in Counseling & Human Services at the University of Scranton. She enjoys writing, photography, traveling, and fashion. You can follow her journey on Instagram @laurynelizabethb
Carly Long

Scranton '22

Carly is a senior studying Strategic Communications with a concentration in Legal Studies at The University of Scranton. This is her third year as CC at HC Scranton, which she hopes to continue to elevate. In her free time Carly can be found writing, working out, or buying new products to feed her skincare addiction.