This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Spring is here! The weather is finally getting warmer, seasonal depression is starting to lift for many people. It’s the perfect time to get together with friends and spend time outside. There are so many activities you can do while you’re outside. Here are some of my favorites!

Go to the mall:

I love to go shopping whenever I get the chance. It’s especially fun when you go to the mall with friends!

Go on a hiking trip:

Before attending college, I never went on a hike (even though are places to hike near my hometown). I’m not a fan of bugs, so if you’d ask pre-college me to go on a hike, I’d refuse immediately. After going on my first hike freshman year, I’ve been going more often. Hikes are a great method of working out and a source of fresh air. Make sure to always wear bug spray though (for any people who don’t like bugs).

Have a picnic:

I’ve always wanted to go on a picnic with friends and have yet to plan one with my friends. I’ve seen many people have picnic dates with friends and think that it would be a nice way have fun and to enjoy the warm weather.

Axe Throwing:

I’ve been axe throwing a few times. It may seem scary at first (obviously because you’re throwing axes) but it’s a great way to let out all of your frustrations!

Go bowling:

I’ve gone bowling plenty of times with my friends. It’s a great way to relax and have fun, especially during a weeknight!

Explore around:

During my time here in Scranton, I was able to go out and explore the city. With my friends, we were able to visit many local shops and meet many different people!

Johanna Rene

Scranton '23

Hi! I'm Johanna :) I'm a senior neuroscience major. I hope you guys find my articles to be interesting!