9 Things Girls Who Watch Football Are Sick of Hearing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

If you’re a female football fan, you’re kind of a rare commodity. Cheering on your favorite team just isn’t the same for you as it is for your guy friends. Although football season is easily the most exciting time of year for you, sometimes your experience can get taken away by silly comments made by your friends. Ladies, just because you love football doesn’t mean that you’re any less of a woman, in fact, it makes you pretty damn unique.

1.) “You don’t even watch the games.”Oh no, I just wasted my money on the NFL Ticket for the hell of it. I really sit and watch Keeping Up with the Kardashians while running up my cable bill.

2.) “Oh, do you watch because you have a crush on the quarterback?”Yes, my quarterback may be hot (that means you: Tony Romo), but that’s not why I watch my team! It just happens to be an added bonus.

3.) “Do you watch because of your dad or boyfriend?”If you must know, my boyfriend hates football and my dad doesn’t know the difference between a first down and a third-and-goal.

4.) “Name three players on your favorite team.”Ok, fine. How about you name the 17th president of the United States now?

5.) “Who helped you draft your fantasy team?”All the guys in my league told me exactly who to draft… Do I look that dumb to you?

6.) “Oh here, let me explain what just happened.”I’m pretty sure you just said fumble instead of interception… Nice try, bro.

7.) “Just so you know, there’s no halftime show in this game.”Thank you so much for telling me! I was really expecting Lady Gaga to come prancing out and do a set in the middle of Minnesota.

8.) “Do you like the team because of their colors?”Yes, I am so distracted by the frilly colors and sparkles that each team has…

9.) “I bet you would love to be a cheerleader.”Cartwheels and flips? Pretty sure I couldn’t touch my toes if I tried.

Emily is a Scranton native trying to make a name for herself. She is a senior at the University of Scranton majoring in Strategic Communication with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Finance. When she's not goofing off with her friends or spending time with her family, there is a very big chance that she's binge watching Criminal Minds on Netflix. Emily has a love-hate relationship with Moe's Southwest Grill and would probably eat chips and queso for every meal if it didn't mean that she'd have to work out afterwards. She loves being a part of Her Campus Scranton and can't wait to see what her future holds!
Jordan Gruttadauria is a NEPA native that can't wait for a New York City lifestyle. She is a senior at the University of Scranton majoring in Strategic Communication with a concentration in Public Relations and minoring in Theatre. When she is not working on one of the theatre productions at Scranton, you can find Jordan either eating a burrito or binge watching Law and Order: SVU on Netflix(I mean who doesn't want to grow up one day to be Olivia Benson). Jordan and coffee are a bond that cannot be broken, so if you see her on campus expect her to have coffee cup in hand. She is very excited to start writing for Her Campus and share stories with other girls on campus. Follow her on Instagram @jordangruttadauria and on Twitter @jordaaann13
Samantha is an East Coast girl from Pennsylvania with a New York City attitude and a Florida mindset. Her shopping habits are contagious; she has inherited them from her mom (they say mother knows best, right?). Samantha is a University of Scranton senior majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Business. She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend, Elise. She is also the captain for Scranton Love Your Melon and secretary of the University of Scranton's Business Club. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @samanthaamilazzo @samanthaliza_